Any experience with hormone "relaxin"?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-18-2002, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am totally at a loss at this one. With DS #1, I had no aches or pains at all! That was eighteen months ago....now I'm pregnant with #2 (its a girl!) and relaxin is starting to wreak havoc on my joints. Two nights ago, my foot starting hurting, as though I sprained it....funny thing is, I don't remember injuring it at all.

Today...my left hip started hurting, like its out of place. I can barely hobble around. They're both on the same side!!! LOL I went from barely noticing I was pregnant with #1 to feeling like an old woman with this one. I am 27!! Anyone have any ideas for herbal supplements? What should I be taking?

Lisa in Seattle
#2 of 5 Old 09-04-2002, 02:39 AM

Go see a chiropractor (with experience in pregnancy) on a regular basis. THey can help keep your bones where they belong. Because your body has stretched once, it is much easier to stretch again.

Mine eased all of the pains tremendously!! Actually if you want her info just PM me, she is in Shoreline.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#3 of 5 Old 09-04-2002, 11:51 AM

I had this with my ds and now experiencing this w/this baby too. In addition to chiropractic care, also try massage. It can help relax and ease the pain and tension involved. This was the only thing that has helped me and I'm also a massage therapist and have seen alot of pregnant mommies deal with this too.

Good Luck~

Lisa

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
#4 of 5 Old 09-04-2002, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Lisamarie....actually, I've got my first pregnancy massage scheduled for the 15th!! Woo-hooooo! The best part is....its totally ! LOL Anyway.....I've just gotta get to the chiropractor now. I think that would definitely help. I believe there's still room for more preggos in the practicum if you want a freebie massage Let me know.

Lisa
#5 of 5 Old 09-04-2002, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry...I meant to say...its totally FREE! There was a flier at my birth center asking for pregnant women to participate. Don't have to ask me twice

Lisa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page