"gift" ideas for midwife?? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 08-30-2002, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

Hello. I was wondering what to get my midwife. I'd like to get a gift for her but unsure what she would like. Any ideas??
Thanks
Jennifer
SAH-AP mom to Brianna(9-28-01)
EDD(4-21-03)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-30-2002, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

ok i know i have awhile...due in april...Just thinking ahead.

Jennifer
#3 of 9 Old 09-04-2002, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
How about some nice relaxing/soothing bath salts? I can imagine being a midwife can be very taxing on the body, what with helping women deliver babies and all. Batherapy salts are really nice to soak in.

The other thing would be a gift certificate for a massage, for the same reason (sore muscles) and also because getting a massage is such a healing experience, and midwives are healers.

Jennifer DH Bill '97. DS C 2/03  
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09
mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mama
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 of 9 Old 09-04-2002, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is more on the cutsie side of things than the practical but i heard of someone giving either thier midwife or Dr. a baseball glove with the words "Good Catch "written on the inside and a picture of thier babies.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#5 of 9 Old 09-04-2002, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for these ideas! Maybe I'll just have to steal both of them.
#6 of 9 Old 10-18-2002, 11:54 PM

I made a blanket for my midwife. It is the kind that folds up into a pillow for easy storage or transport. I told her it was strictly for births and she must keep it with her birthing stuff. She had told me of the many places she had to rest while attending births including the dog's blanket once. I love my midwife and never want her to have to share a blanket with the dog again. If you are not a seamstress you can always purchase one for her.
Many blessings for your little one.
#7 of 9 Old 10-22-2002, 10:35 AM

In the Attachments Catalog ( sorry, I don't have a link, but just do a google search for it) they have some AMAZING stuff..small sculptures of women sqatting to give birth, jewelry,,I know as a doula I love things like that. One of my favorite things I Have gotten is a small sculpture of a man holding his new baby in front of him, and his partner is behind him looking at the baby over his shoulder...it is the perfect picture of a new family frozen in time..
#8 of 9 Old 10-23-2002, 01:36 AM

I gave my midwife a Pinard (sp?)(a wooden midwifery horn used to listen to the babies in utero) from Cascade/Moonflower Homebirth Supplies. I also gave her a gift certificate to the same catalog so that she could pick out stuff she needed/wanted. I found a neat candle of a squatting pregnant woman and made her a tray of lasagna for her freezer.

I gave her asst. a gift certificate to the aforementioned catalog, too.

I think the best thing you can do is give her what is on your heart to give to her and tell her what she means to you, too.

Keep us posted with what you decided as I am pregnant again and interested in others ideas for gifts .
#9 of 9 Old 10-27-2002, 12:57 PM

i second the attachments catalog ..
http://www.attachmentscatalog.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page