Does anybody know a good midwife in NJ/Pa? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-27-2002, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am trying to find a good midwife in central/western NJ or eastern PA (near NJ). Does anybody know of one???

I had my first baby with a midwife, but was not happy with her at all. What started out as an individual who was going to be hands-off, and let things take their own course, became someone who tried to push things along and whose annoyance was clearly evident. I don't want that again!

If anyone out there has had a good experience with someone, PLEASE let me know! Thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 11-27-2002, 11:15 PM

Hi, I live in Central NJ in Monmouth County. I have the names of several midwives groups (who are CNM's) and also I think 2 of these groups do homebirths as well. I "may" have direct entry midwives somewhere but I have to find the file.

Where are you located ? Are you interested in homebirth/hospital birth ? Are you looking for direct entry midwife or CNM ? If you email me at traynor342@comcast.net, I can give you more information. I'm not sure it is "okay" to post it here but if you email me I can send it to you. BTW two of the groups *I* solicited inquiries from multiple *underground* sources including the NJ Vaccine Alliance and I got TONS of responses so that is how I made my decision (I am going with CNM group for hospital VBAC) and so far am very happy with my decision. I am also taking Bradley classes and have learned quite a bit about "resources" in the area. My doula is also very involved in the homebirth community and I'm sure could point me to more resources if I need it.

Again, let me know where you are and email me and it may be a few days until I get back to you because I have family visiting for the holidays butI WILL get back to you.
#3 of 3 Old 12-04-2002, 02:09 AM

I have names of midwives in Central NJ (who are CNM's) who NOT TO USE, in my opinion!!!!!!!

PM me, if interested.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page