I have a fever in 3rd trimester - what should I do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-26-2006, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for advice from the midwives, etc. on here. I caught what is either the flu or a nasty cold from my DH. (I am really mad about this, because, although I took precautions not to get sick, I really shouldn't have even been around him). Anyway, after one of my naps today (I have been trying to sleep a lot and drink a lot of fluids to get better) I took my temp at it was 102.2!! I freaked out, of course, and took some tylenol. That has helped and it is now at about 100.

My question is: what else should I be doing? Should I go to the hospital just in case? I am seeing a homebirth midwife and she just said to keep taking the tylenol and as long as my fever stays down to not worry about it. I also called my "back-up" OB's office and not surprisingly the nurse there was much more dramatic about the whole situation, saying that if my fever goes up at all above where it was when I called (100.4) to go to the urgent care and that if it gets back up to 102 I need to go to the emergency room.

What are your thoughts about this? What would they be able to do if I did go to the ER? I assume they would check the baby? but they can't really give me anythign other than tylenol, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-26-2006, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had the flu at 32 wks with my last babe. I was MISERABLE! My MW suggested I drink REAL lemonade and eat REAL chicken noodle soup. SO I did. My fever went away pretty quickly. Itook tylenol only one time and then it was gone.

There wasn't anything I could take other than LOTS of vitamin C.. I hope youare feeling better soon.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page