Philadelphia midwife - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-24-2003, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I'm looking for a home birth midwife in the Philadelphia area. Either CNM or direct-entry is okay with me. Any suggestions? Thanks.
#2 of 7 Old 04-24-2003, 08:09 PM

Maybe call the birth center in Bryn Mawr and ask them?
#3 of 7 Old 04-25-2003, 08:41 PM

My friend (who lives in Philly) used a CNM in w/office in Doylestown who does homebirths. She loved her - I could ask for her name if that isn't too far to travel?

mb

teapot2.GIF Mama to my sweet girls: notes.gif (2/02) and energy.gif (2/08) and brokenheart.gif 3/11 and now belly.gif  EDD 5/24/14
#4 of 7 Old 04-28-2003, 09:34 AM

Don't know any midwives, but my awsome doula was from a program in Philadelphia called mothering mommies - 215-387-2955 - maybe they would have some information?

Kristin
Mama to Aaron, 1/26/03
#5 of 7 Old 04-28-2003, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! I think I found my midwife. She's actually in Delaware but comes up to the city quite often for births. She's kind of pricey and I'm not sure if my insurance will cover it, but I'm meeting with her next week and if I really like her I think I'm just going to try to make it work somehow. I think its one of those things that, even though its a bit of a financial struggle now, down the road I won't regret having spent the money, yk? But if it doesn't work out I think I'll definitely take your suggestions. In particular I'd me interested in the midwife in Doylestown as that's not far at all. Thanks again!
#6 of 7 Old 05-13-2003, 04:20 PM

I used Delaware MW for both my births--the last one I had at the Birth Center in WIlmington. Let me know if you want more info!
#7 of 7 Old 06-17-2003, 07:55 PM

I know you said you found a midwife in Delaware, but there are a couple of reputable midwives in the Philly area. I'm seeing Kathy Hindle (due with #2 in September), whose info you can find on www.midwifeinfo.com; Joanne Dozor is another midwife who's been around for a long time - you can find her contact info at www.joannedozor.com. Hope things go well!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page