What did you pay for a midwife to attend your birth? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What did you pay for a midwife to attend your birth?
under $500 1 1.00%
$501 to $1000 10 10.00%
$1001 to $1500 15 15.00%
$1501 to $2000 19 19.00%
$2001 and higher 32 32.00%
nothing, insurance paid it 23 23.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 08-24-2003, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For my first homebirth (1999) I paid about $800 for pre-natals, birth, and post-partum checks. I provided the birth kit and paid for the lab tests ($70). I think the birthing pool was an extra $60. I didn't have materinity insurance so it saved me a bundle having the baby at home.

My second homebirth, this past April, was with the same midwife but she now charges $1200. I have insurance but they refuse to cover homebirths. They at least paid for the lab tests and ultrasound. I paid about $100 extra for a package deal that included a birth kit and birthing tub (which I didn't get to use because my labor was too fast )

All of my appointments except for the first post-partum check are at the midwife's office.

I'm surprised how affordable midwifery is here in Utah. I was very happy to pay what I did and felt like maybe I should even have offered to pay a little bit more.

Cindy, mom to Lilly (4/97), Sophie (3/99), and Henry (4/03)

Cindycaffix.gif, wife to soapbox.gif, mama to DD1 (4/97)lol.gif, DD2 (3/99)bouncy.gif, DS (4/03)biggrinbounce.gif, and DD3 (6/07)energy.gif, 3 cat.gif, and 10 chicken3.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page