What do you do while you're waiting for active labor to start? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-15-2007, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my first time in this situation: I got this vibe, "Go to bed early tonight" so I went to bed last night around 8pm. Client called at 11pm with PROM but no ctx. Her mw had told her to go back to bed, so that's what she was doing. Meanwhile *I* couldn't sleep, but eventually I did. So, I talked to client this morning, still no ctx (I'm thinking posterior and so is the mw), so I'm just hanging out. Waiting. Any suggestions? I feel like knitting a pair of socks like Ina May would do!

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#2 of 5 Old 01-15-2007, 03:46 PM

I do knit, actually!

I generally do try to get some sleep, no matter the time of day. I make sure I get a good meal, that my kids are fed and have bags packed for the sitter, and there is something to feed them while I'm gone in case dh tries the "pizza for every meal" trick.

And then, I knit.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#3 of 5 Old 01-15-2007, 04:44 PM

I wish I could knit!

Yes, do the knitting!

Additionally, go about your daily routine. She may not go into labor until tonight or even tomorrow.

P.S. good work listening to your intuition about going to bed early!
#4 of 5 Old 01-15-2007, 04:46 PM

Yep...sleep and

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#5 of 5 Old 01-15-2007, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, right now kids are all napping, I'm writing a blog and then I'm going to nap, and I'm crossing my fingers that the active labor will start just before dh gets home from work, so the kids get 2 hours with my best friend and her kids as the babysitter, and I get home at a normal time for me to go to bed. Holy run on sentence. Hee.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page