Online dilation chart? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-21-2007, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear that I saw one of these once upon a time, a chart you could print off the internet that shows the different dilations from 1-10. I have a doula client who would like one. Does anyone have a link they could give me? Or a book they know that has a chart in it that I could show her?
Thanks so much!

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#2 of 8 Old 02-22-2007, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The book Special Delivery by Rahima Baldwin has one....

You can also find a bunch of differrent size water glasses or jars and measure the tops and then trace them onto a piece of paper. You should be able to get pretty close to having one for 1-10 centimeters....

Carla
#3 of 8 Old 02-22-2007, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know of one on line- finding examples in household object I find to be very helpful- like a -cd is 12 cm- the inner part of a toilet paper tube is
about 4 cm( it's a little off)-- active labor , top of a box of salt is 8.5-- the on off button on my lap top is 1 cm- and the hole in the center of the cd is just about 1cm as well
effacement is more like rolling out dough--- you go from biscuits to pie crust and even thinner- to the thickness of tp.
#4 of 8 Old 02-22-2007, 11:57 PM

I grabbed a compass & made my own models. For myself I cut out the centers to get the feel of them... but certainly the household items tips are a lot easier for those not quite as anal as me....
#5 of 8 Old 02-25-2007, 11:15 AM

www.in-practice.co.uk

You can get up to 3 Vaginal Examination guides a month - free. They are pocket sized and have cut out circles from 1-9cms (the book is 10cms wide, so they can't do a cut out hole for 10 but it gives a good practicla illustration of the fact that there is no more cervix to dilate). It also has good (client friendly) diagrams of an uneffaced and effacing cervix, vertex positioning and station in relation to ischial spines.

ETA: yes, I know it's an off shoot company of Cow&Gate but, they DON'T print the logo on the VE Guide, so it doesn't bother me.
#6 of 8 Old 02-26-2007, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I bought one of those on ebay! I didn't know they were only £0.95
thanks for the link!

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#7 of 8 Old 02-26-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
www.in-practice.co.uk

You can get up to 3 Vaginal Examination guides a month - free. They are pocket sized and have cut out circles from 1-9cms (the book is 10cms wide, so they can't do a cut out hole for 10 but it gives a good practicla illustration of the fact that there is no more cervix to dilate). It also has good (client friendly) diagrams of an uneffaced and effacing cervix, vertex positioning and station in relation to ischial spines.

ETA: yes, I know it's an off shoot company of Cow&Gate but, they DON'T print the logo on the VE Guide, so it doesn't bother me.
Alright, I'm a ditz. Where do I find them?
#8 of 8 Old 03-05-2007, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MoonGypsy~ View Post
Alright, I'm a ditz. Where do I find them?
Looks like it's UK only.

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page