could my dates be wrong? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-03-2007, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when we conceived the month before I thought we conceived we tried but I wasn't entirely sure if i was fertile. all of the hpt's came back negative and I bled but it was like 3 or 4 days earlier than it should have been and it was lighter than I expected (my ppafs have been really heavy and this one was light) but it was more than just spotting. anyways the next month came and I charted (cm and bbt) and we tried again when I should have been fertile. 10 dpo i got a bfp. but i've had this strong feeling the whole pregnancy that my dates are off. here are some of the things that have seemed early to me...
-i got fat really quick
-morning sickness started at 4 weeks and was completely gone by 8 weeks
-i felt the first fetal movement at 12 weeks
-dh can already feel the baby moving which didn't happen with ds until way later
-mw heard good heartones with a fetoscope at barely 18 weeks

I know that all of these things can happen around those times, but i've really been on the early side for everything. is there anyway to tell other than ultrasound how far along I really am? Also, is it possible for me to have had negative hpts for a month and think that i was fertile based on charting even if i was pregnant? Thanks so much
#2 of 3 Old 03-03-2007, 11:46 PM

Are you getting an u/s to figure out your dates? To me, it sounds like it could be either way. My last pregnancy I only had m/s until 7 or 8 weeks. This pregnancy we started feeling the baby kick on the outside at 18 weeks (on the inside at 12 weeks). I think it would be very unlikely that you would have negative bfps for a month while being pregnant, but stranger things have happened I suppose. Are your charts online? If so can I take a look? I could be pretty definitive from that.

Has your midwife mentioned your uterus is large for dates? It would be VERY likely she'd notice if you "felt" a month ahead.
#3 of 3 Old 03-03-2007, 11:55 PM

If I went by symptoms my pregnancies would be far less along than i really am. I get morning sickness closer to the second tri and it usually lasts a week or so into it. I also lose weight in the first tri so weight gain is not reliable.

I'd say if your fundal height was noticeably larger for awhile then I'd say get an ultrasound (if you don't plan on getting one) for dating reasons. Although by that point they would be less accurate. maybe wait until you are 20 weeks and try using a fetoscope. Those tend to only work between 18-20 weeks and no sooner. Other than fundal height and using a fetoscope I can't think of anything else. I do fundal height at 18-20 weeks is at/or around your belly button.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page