Best thank you gift you've received - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-23-2007, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am preparing to have my second hb with our mw and can't figure out a thank you gift. We love working with her, she made a not-uncomplicated first birth wonderful and seem straight forward, and had been a great support through this pregnancy. Everything I think of seems trite like she must have a million, etc.

So, I figured I'd ask and see what you have received that I appreciated the most. TIA

DS#1 1/05, DS#2 4/07, DD 12/11  homebirth.jpgcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2007, 11:49 AM

The best gift I ever received (I was a neonatal nurse in the ICU taking care of a preemie baby, who got better, but I think this gift would be good in any case)
was a Mikasa angel christmas ornament. Kelsey (the ex-preemie) is now about 10years old and each year I think of her and her parents as I put that ornament on the Christmas tree (up high, where my kids can't get to it).

It reminds me of that special time in my life, how I helped the tiniest of people, and that my care really meant something to them.
Hope that helps.
N
Old 03-23-2007, 12:12 PM

I've had two thank you gifts that really made a difference. One was a gift certificate for a massage (after a very long, difficult labor with LOTS of massage done), and one was a donation in my name to a non-profit serving uninsured/under-insured mamas wanting to birth out of the hospital. With the massage certificate I had a sense the mama was giving me some of what I gave to her, in the way that she could. With the donation, it felt like "the gift that keeps on giving".

Sweetpea
Old 03-23-2007, 03:21 PM

I got my MW's these belly pendants without a necklace. I just thought they were beautiful and they can put them on any chain they like. The girl who makes them is great and will custom make it for you. http://hyenacart.com/glassgoddess/
Old 03-23-2007, 06:27 PM

I gave my MW a framed matted copy of the placenta print she helped me make. It was her first time doing it and she loved it. She helped me make 3 total so we sized the copies down on acid free stock and at the end was a pic of my sweet babe. It hangs in her office and she loves it.....
Old 03-24-2007, 06:24 PM

My best was one of the Hallmark family trees, with the little picture frames. It was a planned homebirth, that was not planned for under the big maple in the backyard.

The mom felt the tree she gave me was symbolic of the birth I gave her-strength and flexibility.

Wife, mother, midwife, triathlete
Old 03-25-2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartandhandsdoula View Post
I got my MW's these belly pendants without a necklace. I just thought they were beautiful and they can put them on any chain they like. The girl who makes them is great and will custom make it for you. http://hyenacart.com/glassgoddess/
Hey, thanks Kassie... I was just coming to post that I am currently taking custom orders, and you beat me to it!
I'm so glad they liked their gifts!

Brooke: a glass~blowin' hand~drummin' tree~huggin' home~birthin' earth~lovin' goddess~mama of 3!
Old 03-25-2007, 05:05 PM

A certificate for a massage!

User Tag List