yeast infections yuck!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-06-2003, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are some good natural remedies out there for yeast infections?
I have some tea tree oil and would like to use it but I don't know how many drops/how much water to make the solution. Anybody?Anybody?

Thanks!!!
#2 of 2 Old 06-07-2003, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi there,
yuck indeed! the only yeastie i have ever had was during one of my pregnancies... i was offered a nasty cream internal remedy that i did not use. what i DID do, was a bit of a regime that cleared it right up. it took about 2 weeks total. i cut all sugar and white flour out of my diet. yes, it sucked, but it was only temporary. then i drank at least 3 quarts of water a day. i also ate about 6 oz of plain yogurt a day. if this is inpalatable for you, you can try one of those yummy chewable acidophilus-es that are on the market. then, and this sounds funny but it really helped, i got some organic cotton no applicator tampons and soaked one in, you guessed it, plain yogurt! i inserted it just enough to feel comfortable and stay in. i did this 3-4x per day for 5 days. it was messy, so i recommend a panty liner with the tampon. but ooooh did it offer immediate relief and cleared up the yeast safely. i contunued my no fun eating regime for an additional 5 days or so past the treatment to be sure, and i watched my fruit and sugar intake for the rest of the pregnancy. no further problems. haven't heard of topical tea tree use for yeast, and not sure i would put it "down there" unless verrry dilute. good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page