Midwives in Fayetteville NC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2003, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not pg yet, but I've almost got dh convinced to ttc this cycle. I'm bfing, and on cd 2 of my 2nd postpartem cycle (dd is 13 1/2 mo) and my last cycle (my first full one) was annovulatory but I did O before before my first pp period. So if I actually ovulate this month, hopefully I'll be ttc. So point being, I want to go ahead and get started on my midwife search. I'm planning a homebirth and my midwife in GA who observed dd being born (dh caught) had said she'd come to NC for the next baby, but I need a backup. Plus if she has other births around then, I wouldn't expect her to be my mw. I'm still waiting to hear back from her. Anyway, I just got a list in my email of NC midwives from MANA, but none are actually in Fayetteville and i've only lived here about 2 months and don't know the geography that well. I need to look at a map and see how many are nearby. But if anyone has any recommendations, i'd appreciate it. Also, about how much do most mw's here cost for hb? I paid my last one $900 because i didn't start seeing her until 30 weeks, her normal cost was $1200, but the average for the area was about $2000. Since we'll be paying out of pocket, the cost really is an issue. My email is [email protected] if you don't want to post the mw publicly. Thanks!

User Tag List