pregnancy butter....???????????? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-11-2003, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

I'm a doula in training and the first woman I'm working with is a friend who is high risk. She's currently 29 weeks, and on bed rest in the hospital. She has almost no emotional support. She really needs a good massage, too, and I'd like to make a nice lotion recipe with relxaing essential oils (she spends the whole day staring at the monitors).

I need a good general butter recipe that is safe to use on someone who is pregnant and is high risk. The only butter I have is shea, but I have almond, olive, and evening primrose oils, and quite a few essential oils.

Any suggestions? How much vit. E should I add as a preservative?

TIA!
-Devin
#2 of 3 Old 06-11-2003, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would use jojoba oil, vs any other kind of oil. It absorbs nicely and doesn't leave that oily sheen like other oils do. Jojoba is great for massage!

I like jojoba with various oils, but mostly non-offensive scents, unless the mom has a particular favorite. I like lavender and neroli for standard scents prenatally.
#3 of 3 Old 06-11-2003, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a wonderful thing to do! I am a retired massage therapist and have stuck pretty much with lavender. It doesn't cause uterine contractions, is great prenatal massage, labor massage and for infant massage and its a wonderful scent. I have always used almond oil, unless your client is allergic to nuts.

best of luck~

lisa:bf

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page