Tricky doula situation- help asap!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2003, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, I am a doula, and have a couple due in mid-July. We are moving out of the state, but weren't going to move until mid-late Aug. Well, our landlord needs us out by early July now, long story, but anyway, our house will be ready in PA by then so I just can't do this birth. I've already taken 1/2 the money and have done a pre-natal. I tried to find a doula that would just pick up where I left off, since I charge a lot less then the other doulas in the area, but no one is available. So tonight I've gotta call this couple and cancel. I feel like the biggest jerk in the world. I want to send them a little gift or something to make up for this (and of course refund them.) Any ideas or advice?

Sahm mom to three lovely girls, and happily married to a great, sweet guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2003, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
be open and honest, and know that somehow, all is in divine order.
Contact DONA for a local doula in training that needs births? or LLL? or have her do so? Maybe the local homebirth midwife would be able to provide you with an apprentice that would be interested in doing her birth?
Where are you? I cant believe there are no doulas willing to do a birth for the sake of a birth...Im betting the perfect match is there for her,
Personally I would want to try and leave her with several options, as a matter of principle, but ultimately divine order is at work and this is all a process , extended albeit, of birth...
I would definately refund her $~
peace -blessed birth blossoms

User Tag List