Average basal temp while pregnant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-29-2007, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Could someone please tell me what the average basal temp while pregnant is? How about the average daily temp? I need to know because I'm adjusting my thyroid medication by my temperature.

Thanks for any help!!
#2 of 6 Old 04-29-2007, 01:35 PM

Every person has their own average. Mine when not pregnant is 97.6. When pregnant, it's higher at the beginning and drops slowly.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#3 of 6 Old 04-29-2007, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

I do realize that everyone will be slightly different but there should be some sort of range right?

TCOYF says that the pre-ovulatory range should be 97.0-97.5 and post ovulatory is 97.6-98.6. So, what is it after you actually do get pregnant?
#4 of 6 Old 04-30-2007, 01:11 AM

Once you get pg, the temp starts at your post-o levels or above (for me I o'ed to 98.4F, it rose to 98.6 with pg). Then it stays up (over 98 F for me) for a few months, after which it slowly creeps down. In principle it is the high progesterone that causes the high temp, so as long as you have a lot of progesterone (as you do in pg) the temp is high. However, high estrogen lowers the temp, which may be why the slight decrease as the pg progresses.

You will obviously have to adjust your meds based on your specific chart.

GL,
Oana
#5 of 6 Old 04-30-2007, 09:49 AM

I agree with the pp, you need to adjust according to your charts. After O, my temps only get to 98. When I'm pg, they range between 98.2-98.4
#6 of 6 Old 04-30-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMcC View Post
I agree with the pp, you need to adjust according to your charts. After O, my temps only get to 98. When I'm pg, they range between 98.2-98.4
Mine only get up to about 97.9 post-ovulation, usually. Preovulatory temps are mostly in the 96.8-97.2 range. (With a preovulation dip into the mid 96's sometimes.) When I got a BFP last week, my temps went up to 98.4, then down to 97.8 gradually (just a little panic that day--I was wondering if it would be even lower the next day), then back up to 98.0, and I quit temping then.

I think it will be different for every woman, both because BBTs vary so much, and also because women's bodies can respond to pregnancy so differently.

Catherine

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page