What helps with breaking up scar tissue - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-15-2007, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do any of you know homeopathic or herbal remidies that are good for breaking up scar tissue. I had cyrosurgery on my cerivix years ago, have had 2 c/s and am having a HBA2C in a few weeks. I want to know if there's anything I don't know of yet!

Thanks,
J
#2 of 11 Old 08-15-2007, 07:38 PM

Most of the time, the cervix heals well, with little scar tissue. Do you think you have excess scar tissue? Pregnancy itself is a good healing tincture, and especially the effacement that occurs in late pregnancy/early labor.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#3 of 11 Old 08-15-2007, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

We are assuming I had scar tissue, b/c in my last labor of 3 days, I never dilated even though I was contracting big time! My uterus was working hard, but no response! After speaking with quite a few midwives in detail about the birth, many said they have seen similar labors and that I needed help breaking up the scar tissue in labor. I'd like to do whatever I can before I go into labor this time. I've been drinking RRL tea, taking EPO orally and am going to start instering/massagine EPO on the cervix this week. I just wanted to know if there was anything else I could do or take to help prevent an issue from coming up at all this time!
#4 of 11 Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 PM

I have heard stories of obs/mw's going in and manually breaking it up during labor...it hurts bad but it works. Again, only second hand knowledge, don't know if its helpful or not!
#5 of 11 Old 08-16-2007, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartandhandsdoula View Post
I have heard stories of obs/mw's going in and manually breaking it up during labor...it hurts bad but it works. Again, only second hand knowledge, don't know if its helpful or not!
I have worked with clients that had scar tissue and the midwives manually broke the scar tissue. I've had a couple clients where it was a "once and done" thing and others where it was deeper and needed to be done again. It worked for all of them.
#6 of 11 Old 08-16-2007, 02:38 AM

I've seen breaking up scar tissue done and I've done it once. The women didn't report it was more painful than any other in-labor vaginal exam. It sure felt funny to me, though.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#7 of 11 Old 08-16-2007, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
evening primrose oil may help at least to soften the tissues-
and I would strip membranes or basically break up the scar tissue manually- probably not sooner than your due date unless you were in labor
not a quick sweep but a slow stretch...
#8 of 11 Old 08-16-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartandhandsdoula View Post
Not a birth professional, but just had to share my experience. I also had cryo and had a lot of scar tissue from it. My midwife had to manually break up the scar tissue (I was stuck at 2cm dilated although I was 100% effaced and having strong contractions only a minute apart and a minute long). I quickly got to 4cm but them got stuck again around 7cm because of the scar tissue. She had to manually stretch and break it up again. The baby broke up the rest of the scar tissue as he passed through what little cervix I had left that wouldn't open.

I didn't find the manual breaking up of the scar tissue painful- in fact, my contractions got much less painful after she broke up the scar tissue when I was at 2cm. It was like my body realized it didn't have to work in overdrive anymore. If you want to read what my labor was like you can read my son's birth story in my siggie.

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#9 of 11 Old 08-16-2007, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveChild421 View Post
Not a birth professional, but just had to share my experience. I also had cryo and had a lot of scar tissue from it. My midwife had to manually break up the scar tissue (I was stuck at 2cm dilated although I was 100% effaced and having strong contractions only a minute apart and a minute long). I quickly got to 4cm but them got stuck again around 7cm because of the scar tissue. She had to manually stretch and break it up again. The baby broke up the rest of the scar tissue as he passed through what little cervix I had left that wouldn't open.

I didn't find the manual breaking up of the scar tissue painful- in fact, my contractions got much less painful after she broke up the scar tissue when I was at 2cm. It was like my body realized it didn't have to work in overdrive anymore. If you want to read what my labor was like you can read my son's birth story in my siggie.
thank you for sharing your experience. sounds like my labor w/my son except my midwife didn't know to break up tissue, so i was at the 2 cm dilated w/major contractions for 3 days! that's awesome you had great support.

i saw a chiro today that worked on my incision scars from my c/s and gave me a homeopathic remedy for scars and adhesions for any scar tissue in my body. he also did NET (neuro emotional technique) to work through some feelings w/my son's birth. he is contacting a midwife/naturopath to ask her about breaking up cervical scar tissue before labor. so we'll see what she says. for now i'm just going to use the epo and go from there!

thanks!
#10 of 11 Old 08-16-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiharshe View Post
...i saw a chiro today that worked on my incision scars from my c/s and gave me a homeopathic remedy for scars and adhesions for any scar tissue in my body...
Do you mind sharing what remedy he used and in what potency?

~BV
#11 of 11 Old 08-17-2007, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter

Sure, it's called NET Remedies #10 Scars-Adhesions. It's a product of NET Inc. Indications for use: helps absorption of scars-fibrous tissue adhesions, itching of scars, feelings of spasm pressure and tightness sensation in interanl organs, esophagus and stomach, colic type symptoms. Naturally no side effects.

It contains no alcohol, sugar, sodium or yeast. Active ingredients are: Equal volumes of Calcarea Flourica, Causticum, Hydroflouricum Acidum, Graphites, Lachesis Mutus, Plumbum Metallicum, Rhus Toxicodendron, Sepia, Silicea, Thiosinaminum.

Whew! Sorry for any mispellings.

Hope this helps
J

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page