Childbirth Educator - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-26-2007, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want to become a childbirth educator. My passion is pregnant ladies and the birthing process.

I considered midwifery, but my state only allows CNMs to work through hospitals. I don't want to follow that route, I would rather be a traditional midwife if I was going to be a midwife. And I don't want to take the risk of going to jail.

Anyhow, so I decided to start my formal training by becoming a CCE, then maybe Lactation Consultant, too. I think that I want to go through Birthworks. Does anyone have any experience with BirthWorks? What should I know before I pursue my CCE training? How do I find clients once I am certified?

#2 of 4 Old 09-29-2007, 11:39 AM

I've been interested in becoming a childbirth educator also. Birthworks seems like such a great and empowering program! I'm curious to see if anyone has any experience with them too.
Oh, I see you're in Omaha too. I think we really need it here. For such a large metropolitan area, I'm shocked by the lack of childbirth choices around here!!
#3 of 4 Old 09-29-2007, 11:58 AM

I am in training with Birth Works. I love the organization! The training is pretty extensive and is self paced, so you should be a self motivated person to get through it in a timely manner. You are required to attend one weekend workshop as well. It has taken me a very long time because LIFE has gotten in the way. I am hoping to be teaching classes by the first of the year. I started in Jan 2005.
#4 of 4 Old 09-29-2007, 09:28 PM

CHeck with ALACE too. I love them!

Laura, CBE and mom to Maddiewaterbirth.jpg ( 06/03/04) & Graceuc.jpg (  09/10/06)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page