Anyone have experience with Obstetric Cholestasis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2007, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My midwife & I are pretty sure that I have this, but the blood work hasn't come back yet. It sure seems like it though. Anyways I was wondering if this is an automatic risk-out for homebirth. My first dd was born at 36w6d after SROM. If I went into labour on my own at 37 weeks, would the actual birth be considered high risk? Or is it just the risk of carrying the baby longer than that? I'm seeing my midwife next week, but these questions are weighing heavy on my mind. Some things I read make it sound like the whole pregnancy & birth is high risk, and others say that it isn't. Obviously with all the itching and not sleeping I'm having lots of time to think about this & get upset about it.

OK I'm not sure how this just posted three times......

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2007, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had this with both my kiddies and I was not considered high risk. The first was in a hospital induced at 38 wks. The 2nd was induced at home at 37 wks with my liver levels 3x as high as with my first. The danger is stillbirth. The peri that I went to see said that the baby basically has a heart attack and dies instantly. If anyone knows different info then correct me please. The risk goes up after 38 wks. I was induced at home with lots of different homeopathics though mainly cimicefuga and caullophyllum along with arom, cervical massage/stretching, sweeping membranes, etc. I really really really didn't want to go to the hospital and my MW was willing to help me out. I feel so lucky that it worked out that way. Stay off of any fat, even good fats and the itching will get better.

User Tag List