Mothering Forum banner

Need to interview mothers and fathers who have used a doula

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RachelG 
#1 ·
Hello

Could you forward this information to previous or current clients? (Or if you have used a doula yourself, this message would apply to you!)

If you know of any MOTHERS who have used A LABOR DOULA, POSTPARTUM DOULA or ANTETARUM DOULA who might be interested in being interviewed for my forthcoming book, THE DOULA DIFFERENCE, I'd love to hear from them. Here's the information (which you're free to forward to any mailing lists you happen to belong to):

ATTENTION: MOMS OR DADS WHO HAVE USED A DOULA or ARE PLANING TO USE A DOULA

Writer Rachel Gurevich, author of the fabjob.com Guide to Become a Doula, is interested in interviewing mothers and fathers for her upcoming book, THE DOULA DIFFERENCE. The book will be published by Prima Publishing, a division of Random House, and Dr. William Sears has agreed to write the forward to the book.

She is eager to include advice, anecdotes and thoughts on using a doula. She's interested in interviewing both mothers and fathers who have experience with either birth, postpartum or antepartum doulas. This is your chance to encourage others to hire a doula, retroactively encouraging mothers. All interviews will be conducted by email over a three-week period. Those who agree to be interviewed will be acknowledged in the book. If you're interested, please drop Rachel an email ASAP (ideally before Monday, March 25, 2002.)

Email: Rachel@myria.com

Thank you very much!

Rachel

Author of the fabjob.com Guide to Become a Doula http://www.fabjob.com/doula.asp

See less See more
#4 ·
I have reached the limit on how many women I can interview. But, I am still looking for people who...

1. Used an antepartum doula.

2. Used a postpartum doula.

3. Knew they wanted an epidural, and still hired a doula.

If you fit into any three of these groups, please let me know! If not, I'm sorry I have no more room.

Rachel
rachel@myria.com

PS. If your birth story is online somewhere, I'd be happy to read it. I'm looking for exciting *doula* birth stories to share, so I may be able to use the information. Of course, I would contact you *before* deciding to use anything from the story and you would be acknowledged in the book.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.