Breech Baby 36 weeks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-09-2008, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just found out baby is breech via ultrasound. Anyone had any luck getting their baby to turn? Found several different suggestion for positions/remedies to try on different websites. Web md has me freaked out the there is something wrong with the baby and that's whay he hasn't turned on his own. I should know better as measurement/activity wise he is healthy and on target to be born beginning of feb.

Heather-Mom to Kendall Elizabeth 11/24/00 :. Eli James 01/28/08 :nana:, and Quinn Erin 05/03/09 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 01:27 PM

Lots of previous threads on this topic. Here's what I tried when I found that MY baby was breech:
1. Webster chiropractic - ask your mw for a recomendation or look in your "tribal area" for one
2. Swimming
3. Breech tilts (lay with your hips above your shoulders and relax
4. Frozen bag of veggies on the baby's head
5. Headphones on your belly to encourage your babe to turn
6. Gentle massage
7. Talking to your baby - esp if you can get your husband to talk down low
8. Relaxation and visualization
9. Knee-chest position
10. Crawling on hands and knees
11. Moxibustion (this is the only one I *didn't* get a chance to try)
12. Anything else that the spinningbabies website suggests

If it doesn't work, I recommend trying an ECV at 37 or 38 weeks - they're not that comfortable, but they do work ~60% of the time.

I would also start researching NOW to see whether there is anyone in your area that will deliver a vaginal breech baby.

My son was born via scheduled c/s at 39 weeks - he never turned and there was nobody to deliver him - but he's completely fine and your baby will be too

Good luck!!

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

Old 01-09-2008, 09:03 PM

Until yesterday I was freaking about the same issue. My post was called "Moxa?" in this forum. Baby boy turned, I am thrilled.

Here's what I did:

MW did a cranial sacral adjustment
5 days of moxibustion
Webster treatment
Prayer!

I also did the knee-chest inversion nightly. I was going to continue the Webster 3x per week and the moxabustion 5 days consecutively, wait three and start over again and my MW was going to bring pulsatilla next week, and of course I would continue the knee-chest position.

With my previous baby I didn't find out she was breech until 37 weeks and I didn't know about any methods of turning except the doctor's recommendation for version (ECV) which I did the next day. It was successful albeit extremely uncomfortable.

My baby boy was a double footling before he turned, if he had been frank or complete I would have been relatively comfortable delivering him that way. I was lucky enough to find an OB that does vaginal breeches. They are out there, just in case.

Best of Luck. It's not too late.

P.S. Find an ICPA Webster-certified chiropractor if you decide to do Webster treatments. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that my insurance picked up some of the bill.

-Iris
Old 01-09-2008, 09:11 PM

I would absolutely go see a chiro right away!!! (I'm in love with my chiro- she's here on mothering somewhere )

I say right away because sometimes it can take a couple sessions to get the baby to turn (according to what my chiro has told me). Good luck!!!!

User Tag List