Mothering Forum banner

Post-partum Doula... First Client Gitters....

561 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  onlyAngil 
#1 ·
I am training to my a CBE and a BD, but someone wanted to me to be their PPD. I have no problem working with her (and she understands that I am not certified as a PPD), she has been unable to find anyone in this area, or another doula who is willing to work with her. Though I am a little scared... She wants to met and ask me things, mer. What are common questions I should plan on her asking? I have a 2yo, who a co-sleeped, wore, and am still bfing, so I am sure I can be helpful with what she needs. She would like me to come 3 time a week in the eve to help her. This works out wonderfully, with my bf and others to watch my son. I am very hyped about this, but also a little worried. Anything that anyone would like to tell, add, share, or so on would be very much welcomed!

#2 ·
Don't be scared, just be yourself. I love doing postpartum doula work! Usually the sorts of things people ask me during an interview is what my rates are, what hours I work, what the limitations of my job are, if I am experienced with breastfeeding support, what exactly my shift would look like, and then usually a bit about me as a person. That is really about it. Be open, honest, and yourself and you will be just fine.

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwings640 View Post
what exactly my shift would look like, and then usually a bit about me as a person.

What dose your shift look like? She was asking me what service I offer, and I kinda just passed it off as "I try to see what the women/ new families need most." Merrr....

Thanks!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.