Mothering Forum banner

Postpartum Joint Pain

794 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  olive&pimiento 
#1 ·
I have been having some pretty awful joint pain since DD's VBAC (yeah!) 4 months ago. The pain is in all of my joints and my back and neck, it is constant ache that turns into a sharp pain when I lift/twist. I did not have this pain after DS's C-Section 2 years ago. I exercise and stretch regularly, right after exercise the pain subsides, but returns with the same intensity soon after. My research has turned up nothing and I am at a loss at to what to do, I hate taking pain meds all the time (or at all) but am almost at that point
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thank You!

See less See more
#2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by concretblond77 View Post
I have been having some pretty awful joint pain since DD's VBAC (yeah!) 4 months ago. The pain is in all of my joints and my back and neck, it is constant ache that turns into a sharp pain when I lift/twist. I did not have this pain after DS's C-Section 2 years ago. I exercise and stretch regularly, right after exercise the pain subsides, but returns with the same intensity soon after. My research has turned up nothing and I am at a loss at to what to do, I hate taking pain meds all the time (or at all) but am almost at that point
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thank You!
I had this around the same time PP and no one knew what it was. I was recently diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis and my surgeon feels the joint pain was part of that. That's just my story....so I'm not really sure.

Mine was in my feet everyday and then for about 2 weeks every joint in my body hurt, it was the craziest thing ever.

#4 ·
I would have my healthcare person check it out if I were you. It is difficult enough taking care of a little one without adding constant pain to the mix! Joint pain can be a symptom of thyroid disorder, which is not uncommon after pregnancy. I would also want to test for Rhuematoid Arthritis and Lyme's disease. I'm sure there are many other things it could be. These are just the first that came to mind. Seriously, I would take the time to take care of myself. It's so hard to do this, as busy moms, but you owe it to yourself and your family.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.