What does the placenta sound like on the doppler? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-05-2003, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a home doppler rental and the last week or so I've heard a very strange sound on my uterus. It sounds very much like holding a seashell to your ear and hearing the waves, or like wind going through trees. Very cool sound. I'm wondering if that might be the blood going through the placenta?? It's different from my h/b or baby's h/b or kicking, and very loud on a certain spot right in front.

I felt my baby early on as far as fluttering but am not feeling much actual kicking, although I hear it on the doppler. With dd I felt a LOT of hard kicking by this stage. Just wondering if maybe I'm not feeling it because maybe the placenta is on the front of my uterus? I do feel kicks lower down or to the side sometimes. And does it pose any risks or anything?

U/S is on the 24th and I'm sure they'll locate the placenta at that point but was just curious if that's what I might be hearing on the doppler.

Thanks! :-)

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#2 of 3 Old 09-05-2003, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
the placenta sounds like a wind tunnel, only with your pulse, not the baby's.

the umbilical cord sounds like a "whoosh whoosh" with the baby's heart rate.

the baby's heartbeat is more like a horse galloping.

having an anterior placenta (in the front of the uterus) can make it where you don't feel baby kick as much on the outside of your belly until the baby gets bigger. There are no risks to having an anterior placenta.
#3 of 3 Old 09-05-2003, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for responding. That's what I heard! It had the pulse of my h/b but like you said, more of a whoosh sound. Cool!

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page