Cpd - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-16-2008, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If someone is suffering true CPD, would the baby descend at all and would it really need to be pushed back into the uterus in preparation for an emergency section? I mean, mom was VBAC, in labour for 3 days prior to this, had an epidural, then babes heart rate went down to 30 and OB dedcided it was CPD, baby was over 10lb. She has been told she has a very small pelvis and will never be able to birth vaginally.......

I don't know, something doesn't sit right.......
#2 of 2 Old 03-16-2008, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tireesix View Post
If someone is suffering true CPD, would the baby descend at all and would it really need to be pushed back into the uterus in preparation for an emergency section?
IF the head had come out of the cervix into the Vagina, it wasnt' a true cpd. Those heads never get past the pelvic outlet(where the cervix and vagina meet).Measureing the pelvis during pregnancy can help determine relative pelvic size. But pelvises move during labor and birth- they are not rocks, and neither is the baby's head.
Quote:
I mean, mom was VBAC, in labour for 3 days prior to this, had an epidural, then babes heart rate went down to 30 and OB dedcided it was CPD, baby was over 10lb. She has been told she has a very small pelvis and will never be able to birth vaginally.......

I don't know, something doesn't sit right.......
Yeah, I would think it was the epidural and the mother's inability to move and get the baby in a better position for birth. If the baby was laying on its cord, or it was pinched(was the water broken beforehand?) that can cause a dropping heartrate. Maybe the doc just didn't want to wait anymore. Ten pounders and larger are born all the time at home just fine. But a 7 lber will get into trouble if the mom is stuck laying in a bed and can't move to help her or the baby. If she ever wants a normal birth, she needs to be at home, and at least give her body the best chance. I would also examine diet, so she could rule out diabetes....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page