Tria or huntleigh? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-20-2008, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Would you rather go with a huntleigh D920 on sale for $405 or a waterproof medasonics tria for $550? I am leaning to the huntleigh as I could afford it plus the cost of getting my current one fixed for the price of the medasonics one, but I really want to be sure I will be ending up with a good piece of equipment.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#2 of 12 Old 03-20-2008, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would do a web search and see if I could find a better price-- there are places that sell new (with a warranty) that can be less expensive that the prices you have quoted.--- other than that I would say to find a mw who has these dopplers so you can have some hand's on experience with them. the huntleigh has had a rep for the battery cover breaking - the tria I on the other hand went out of production rather quickly (I don't know why) and there is a tria II now -- I think a water proof head ,which ever one you buy is a must now
#3 of 12 Old 03-20-2008, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

mwherbs, do you happen to have any ideas where there might be better prices on these? These are the best prices I could find after searching all morning, but I may not know all the best places to look. These are cascade prices, the huntleigh is a sale price.
Thanks for your feedback!

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#4 of 12 Old 03-20-2008, 09:28 PM

Erika- I got my Huntleigh D920 for $212.50ppd on eBay from Stork Radio. It has a money back guarantee but I don't know how that compares to a warranty. Mine does have wp probe so I felt like I got a good deal.

I've had mine over 6 months and so far so good. :

I can't comment on the Tria at all, I haven't even seen one IRL.
#5 of 12 Old 03-20-2008, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
so I clicked on the links I have saved and nope can't beat Cascades deal which is 1 year warranty with 5 year parts-- so a probe head as a part is $200-300 by it's self--- this is a great warranty.
#6 of 12 Old 03-20-2008, 11:49 PM

OT

I saw the title in new posts and thought this was a baby name thread

for the record, I was gonna vote for Huntleigh

6/9/2005 6/30/2007 10/17/2009 (Ebstein's Anomaly)
#7 of 12 Old 03-21-2008, 11:39 AM

I recently needed a new doppler and after talking to Cascade about which would be best for my practice I bought a Huntleigh. I am very satisfied with it.
Cascade's prices are competitive and I appreciate their customer service. I like to support business' that are supportive of midwifery.

Carla
#8 of 12 Old 03-21-2008, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prensa View Post
OT

I saw the title in new posts and thought this was a baby name thread

for the record, I was gonna vote for Huntleigh

Ok, so based on cuteness of name, huntleigh it is

#9 of 12 Old 03-21-2008, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma View Post
Erika- I got my Huntleigh D920 for $212.50ppd on eBay from Stork Radio. It has a money back guarantee but I don't know how that compares to a warranty. Mine does have wp probe so I felt like I got a good deal.

I've had mine over 6 months and so far so good. :

I can't comment on the Tria at all, I haven't even seen one IRL.
Thanks busybusymomma. I think I am only going to buy new from now on though. I got mine used and that is why I have to replace it. I bought it for $200 and it needs $188 in repairs and there is no warranty coverage on it at all, so I don't want to put in the money and then have something else go on it in a month. So, I am either going to pay to have mine fixed later as a back-up or I am going to sell it for parts. I thought it was such a good deal when I got it. I did not purchase it through Stork Radio, so you probably have a much better situation than me, but I just want to be sure my next one is totally covered.

#10 of 12 Old 03-21-2008, 01:01 PM

Yeah, I can understand that. I took the chance since I really couldn't pay full price, hopefully it will hold up for at least a few years. It's definitely a toss-up, isn't it.

Will you post when you decide which one to get? I haven't seen the Tria IRL so I'm curious what you think of it if you get it, especially since you've used the D920.
#11 of 12 Old 03-21-2008, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

I decided to go with the huntleigh D920. The price was right and I have heard decent things about it. I never got to use a really well working one, so I look forward to it showing up!

#12 of 12 Old 03-21-2008, 03:54 PM

Enjoy it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page