Macrosomia - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 03-25-2008, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My last child was 10lbs. and 1st was 8.4 so I have good sized babies.
No episiotimies ands small tears that healed on their own no problem.
Was seeing a practice with OB's and CNM'S have thankfully switched to my beautiful midiwfe. Just received my records today from them and they had me down for AT RISK for macrosomia and in the PLAN category they wrote
Early 1 degree get ( they didnt spell degree it was the lil circle but dont have that on computer)
i think its a g (get) or maybe f(fet)
does anyone know what this means for the plan
just wondering since they never mentioned to me
So glad I left this practice tho they were very concerned about the size of last baby altho he came out with ease for me I could just see them u/s me and suggesting c/s
well if anyone knows the doc lingo let me knowe
intrigued

maya mama to dd 10,ds 5,ds 21m &15weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-25-2008, 05:22 PM

Hmm...I'm wondering if it is 'early 1 hour GTT'...Glucose Tolerance Test. That is all I could come up with.

SugarMama to Chatterbox Zoe (almost 4) and Locomotive Miles (2)
#3 of 5 Old 03-25-2008, 08:48 PM

I'd bet it was "early 1 hour glucose tolerance test (gtt)" also. Hour is abbreviated with the degree sign in medicine.

#4 of 5 Old 03-25-2008, 10:18 PM

Most definitely early 1 hour GLT.

With a 10 lb baby I'm sure they were thinking you had gestational diabetes. Even if you were screened with that pregnancy and the test was normal, GDM can develop later in pregnancy after the screening test.
When the suspicion for GDM is high, most docs will screen more than once in a pregnancy.
#5 of 5 Old 03-26-2008, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks you guys are probably right
They did test me the gtt at my first apppt. when i was 15 weeks and then at my next appt. said they were gonna test at 6 month appt.
Thought that was weird and asked the medical asst. why I was having 2 she said it was because I was 30 and they liked to do them at the 1st appt. and at the regular time. Maybe she was wrong and didnt know about the macrosomia. I didn't have gtt with either of my pregnancys but I don't have a problem with being tested especially since my midwife is also a naturpathic doc so she'd have a healthy plan for me and babe.
Thanks
I never thought 10lbs. was such a big deal and definately not anything over 8.13 funny nobody the doc or anyone mentioned this macrosomia to me and what they thought about it risk and all that's kinda upsetting since they had it wrote on my chart with a plan and never discussed with me.
Oh well

maya mama to dd 10,ds 5,ds 21m &15weeks

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page