Twin birth question...two really - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 03-30-2008, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im cooking up some di-di twins, due in Aug. now does that mean that the first placenta WILL deliver beffore the second one is born or does it sometimes not? Also, what is an apporpriate amount of blood to lose after delivering the placenta before its considered dangerous? Is it more with twins or is there a set amount in general?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-07-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2irishdevils View Post
im cooking up some di-di twins, due in Aug. now does that mean that the first placenta WILL deliver beffore the second one is born or does it sometimes not? Also, what is an apporpriate amount of blood to lose after delivering the placenta before its considered dangerous? Is it more with twins or is there a set amount in general?
Even in dizygotic twins the two placentas are usually fused. Both babies are normally delivered before the placentas.

I can't help with the blood loss!
#3 of 4 Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Milk Bag View Post
Even in dizygotic twins the two placentas are usually fused. Both babies are normally delivered before the placentas.
:

No idea about the blood loss. My twins were mo/di and I was just so focused on a vaginal birth, that afterwards as I was celebrating the vaginal birth, I really paid no attention to anything else They were born in the hospital due to TTTS, and I probably did get a bunch of pit afterwards or something.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 

#4 of 4 Old 04-08-2008, 11:04 AM

I can't give you an amount about the blood loss, except to say that blood loss is usually greater after a twin birth. Before my twin birth, I was taking floradix, chlorophyll, extra alfalfa, Slow-Fe, eating well, and had a very good hemoglobin # in the safe range. I still had a LOT of bleeding, almost worrisome enough for a transport, had two IM shots of pitocin and one IV shot of pitocin, and was on methergine for a few days.

Congrats on the twins. There's a parenting multiples forum on MDC that can provide some information as well. It's not exactly as natural as some of the other parts of MDC, particularly with regard to birth issues, but it's a little more crunchy than the mainstream, for sure!

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page