Referred Left Shoulder Pain?? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 04-02-2008, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi - I am 7 months PG with #2. Some background: I am 42 years old, healthy, BP 96/60, normal glucose test results, but with MAJOR all day heartburn that I developed day one of this PG. My Dr approved me to take OTC Zantac to manage, because it has been so bad.

My ? is - About 1-2x per week I get a sharp, stabbing pain in my left shoulder. It's the front of my shoulder, about one inch down, right about where my left collar bone ends. There is no relief if I change positions, or move my arm. It lasts about 1/2 hr - then poof! It's gone as quick as it came.

I have a call in to my OB, as I keep forgetting to mention it at my visits.

Has anyone heard of this, and is it a cause for concern? I'm already guessing my OB will call me back and dismiss it as nothing.

Thanks!

Wife to Hank , Mommy to Gabriella 6.5 yrs Anthony 28 monthsand 3 angels wait for me in Heaven Praying to be a Proverbs 31 woman!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-02-2008, 08:41 PM

I only got that after my c/s's and it means something then....of course I cant remember what it is now....maybe gas or something.

Googled: Shoulder pain postpartum is from trauma to the perineteum. Maybe something similar when still pregnant?

Mama to nine gorgeous babies, with finale #10 due April'14.
#3 of 3 Old 04-03-2008, 12:01 PM

It sounds like it's a pinched nerve.
I had the same thing and was freaked out.
So I went to a cardiologist and had every heart function scan and testing done. After the testing the cardiologist said it was a pinched nerve, she had suspected that all along.

To cure your heartburn immediately, much quicker then medication. Stop eating grains, bread, pasta and sugar this minute!
Get your carbs from veggies (especially filling is baked winter squash, and spaghetti squash).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page