Sage midwives, my ds is now almost 13 months old and I still have nagging doubts that his birth was "the way it had to be."
What are your thoughts?
At 41 weeks, the doctor recommended that I be induced because my fluid levels were at the lower end of the acceptable range (I don't remember exact numbers). I begged to hold out another week, but once faced with talks on meconium aspiration and higher risk of c-section, I quickly submitted. I was told I was doing the right thing by getting the baby out while we were both still in excellent health.
As you can imagine, it became the typical intervention snowball--24 hours of cervadil led to 12 hours of searing pitocin contractions (and still only 4cm) led to epidural and tons of iv fluids led to swelling, tearing, tons of blood lost led to a truly difficult recovery. Obviously not the birth experience I had hoped for.
Though I can't truly say that I regret any of it, because meeting my DS was the most miraculous day of my life, I will always wonder what would have happened if I declined induction. Oh if I had only discovered MDC a little bit earlier...
Would you have recommended induction in my situation? TIA!!!