Cross Posted - ? about M/C - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 04-03-2008, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted this in pg loss but wanted to see what some of the mw's out there thought of this.
So I've had a really bad day & I'm just interested in seeing if any of you have ever had this experience.
To recap: I had a d&c for a missed m/c 9 days ago, Tuesday before last. Other than being uncomfortable from trapped air I had no bleeding & very little cramping from Tues-Fri. Friday night I noticed I felt a little menstrual crampy & noticed a streak of red blood when I wiped before bed. I awoke early Sat morning (around 3am) to major cramping (ctx like) & excessive bleeding. I started passing huge clots around noon that day & this cont'd until late Sun evening. (I was passing between 4-8 clots an hr.) By Sun night cramping was back to menstrual like & bleeding had slowed WAY down. Mon morning brought no cramping & I was barely spotting. So, yesterday afternoon I keep touching my breast b/c they were really achy & I couldn't figure out why. Went to bed last night & woke around 5 am b/c my bra was cutting into me. Got up & took my bra off only to realize my milk had come in. Now, it's not like full force when I've had a newbie but it is a marked difference. I had to pull out a nursing bra (to go up a size) b/c my breast are so full & they are hot. I have that slightly engorged feel like when you have a newbie who fell asleep before emptying your breast. Talk about a slap in the face. In a way I want to go find a premie who needs some bm but in a way I just want to mourn the fact that my baby will never get this bm. To top off my day, I went to the mailbox to find a bill from the pathology department for the "speciemen extracted by Dr. I".

Ok, didn't mean to go on a rant. My question is back to my milk. Has anyone else ever had this happened when they m/c?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-03-2008, 04:27 PM

So sorry for your loss.

I'm not a b.p. but have had a couple losses myself. I've never gotten my milk in, but they were both pretty early (9 weeks and 5 weeks).

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
#3 of 4 Old 04-03-2008, 04:46 PM

It's common after the first trimester.

I had a second trimester loss and having my milk come in was awful. I had nursed my others long term and didn't have any experience with engorgement. It was a terrible reminder that my baby had died. The hormone rush associated with it was no picnic either.

I'm sorry for your loss. Unfortunately I know how you feel

#4 of 4 Old 04-03-2008, 04:58 PM

:
Info on milk output after miscarrige is hard to find. I am waiting to see what other moms have to say as well.

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page