Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southeast Michigan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How I handle my first meeting is getting some background info about the couple and ask some getting to know you type questions. I also let them ask any questions they may have and basically let them feel out if our personalities and philosophies gel. If they feel good about our meeting, I'd hand them my contract to review. (Some may sign then and there, and some prefer to do the signing during the second meeting)
A list of questions you may want to ask:
• What training have you had? (If a doula is certified, you might consider checking with the
• Do you have one or more backup doulas for times when you are not available? May we meet
• What is your fee, what does it include, and what are your refund policies?
• Tell me/us about your philosophy about childbirth and supporting women and their partners
• May we meet to discuss our birth plans and the role you will play in supporting me/us through
• May we call you with questions or concerns before and after the birth?
• When do you try to join women in labor? Do you come to our home or meet us at the place of
• Do you meet with me/us after the birth to review the labor and answer questions?