GBS&AppleCider Vinegar - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-01-2003, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! My MW is at the MW Conference and I have a question that I don't feel like calling the MW that is on call about(let's hope I don't go into labor!).I found out last week that I have GBS.I am choosing to get the IV Clyndomycin asap,of couse w/ MW's,this is purely my choice.We are doing that antibiotic because I am possibly allergic to Penn.,dh is,and I am always developing allergies,so she thought that would be safest.Even though I am getting the IV,she want's me to boost my immune system w/Garlic,Echinacea and Vit.C.She want's me to rinse w/a 1/4c. Apple Cider Vinegar to 8oz. water when I use the bathroom or after sex(not a prob,I am too uncomforatable at this point since he has dropped ).My MW left yesterday and that is when I started the regimine and the vinegar BURNS!!!! She told me she wanted me to do this because the bacteria on the skin from the GBS can weaken the skin and cause me to tear.I have been doing lot's of searches and I can find no info on this.I am sooo sensitive down there(can only wash w/baby wash,use certain t.p ect...)so this isn't much surprise.Any suggestions/opinions??Thank you so much! Sorry this was long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 11-11-2003, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello~

I don't know if you have seen the new Mothering Magazine, but it has a great article on Group B Strep that you might want to check out.

BTW~How are you doing?

Warmly~

Lisa:bf

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page