Mothering Forum banner

WHY am I wanting another baby right now?

753 views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  NicaG 
#1 ·
I am struggling to provide for my beautiful children I have now. I am 30yo and my biological clock is ticking away. I will be 31 next month. I shocked my GM to death and said if I don't meet another man in a few years I may consider a sperm donor, adoption, or foster care. Why is my clock tocking like this? Anyone else havean unexplained need and desire for another babe? Is it because my little 2yo just weaned and my hormones are wacky????

See less See more
#3 ·
hey i have only one. she is 6. we both want more children/siblings. dd just started reading. it makes me esp. sad when i see her asking toddlers if she can read to them and then dont really want her to read.

#6 ·
Im alone with 3 children - a 5 year old, a 3 year old an an almost 2 year old. It is so hard - I struggle to make ends meet - not financially but in every other way. I have a job just under 30 hours a week - just doing laundry takes a considerable amount of my time - with a washer and dryer. And I feel broody! Goodness - I saw a 12 week old today - with all those facial expressions that you only see on infants. Obviously right now I would be totally overburdened to have another baby - but I'm 31 and I dont intend on being done with babes just yet. I really hope I will meet the right man to have another couple of kids with - but if I dont I am seriously considering having a 4th on my own at some point..

But then again - I do sometimes really miss being able to do have me-time, so sometimes I wonder if I wait another couple of years and my kids are older if I will still want to start over with a newborn.

One thing I do know is - you dont regret the kids you get, but the ones you dont so who knows..

I definately dont think you are wacky for wanting another baby

#8 ·
I sooooo want anothe baby ight now. i am 33, single and have three children. I don't have a man anywhee in my life. I have no time or money. I couldn't stay home with the baby. I do not know what my problem is. i just keep reminding myself . . . . "they turn 8. . . then a few years later 12 . . . . "

#9 ·
I am right there with you mama. I am 34 and my little one is 20 months old. My clock went from a tick...tick...tick to a GONG...GONG...GONG last month when I finally got my period back. I am positive that it is hormonal for me, but it is extremely hard to ignore. I would need to wait a few years until DS is a bit older, and I want to finish up school so I can get off public assistance, but then I will be pushing hard on 40. It is so dang hard. I just wish I had had children a few years ago and wasn't so old. I know, mamas can have kiddos later, but it definitely gets harder when you are a single mama.

#10 ·
I am just over 40 and there is still time, but not much. I am going for it, but if it doesn't happen this year, I will stop trying and be fine with it because I believe a reason for everything, 30 is not old, I had my first when I was 29

#11 ·
I thought I was done with babies. Then I got divorced. THEN crazy, extreme baby lust came over me. Weird, huh? Yeah, I don't get it, either.

I am nearing forty. I am not in financially sound place to have another child. My youngest would not deal well with a baby right now. I don't know if I can handle the toddler years or another allergic to everything or SN kid. And yet, I still have the desire for a baby.

I'm trying to just roll with things and see what happens. As a PP said, things can change in a very short time, so I think a wait and see approach is a sound one for me at this juncture. Is it for you?

#13 ·
right there with everyone. i'm approaching 35 and freaking out. dd is 4.5 and begging for a sibling. my hormones are raging, i almost got married to have a baby. and then reality set in and i realized no way i'm not settling, not fair to the guy, etc. ugh. so frustarting.
i figure if i don't meet the right person then maybe i'll adopt. i dont think i can have a newborn as i wouldn't be able to stay at home with the baby. so probably a toddler. i k now so crazy to think so far ahead!!! dang hormones are making me nuts...hehe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.