December dating thread!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 265 Old 12-13-2008, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOhm View Post
I am not butterflymom, but I see several red flags. It could indicate something is wrong with the guy you are seeing, it could be you are not quite ready to date or it could be "you are just not that into him". To me the red flags are your level of discomfort.

This month alone you have felt:

- Uncomfortable with him kissing your cheek
- Uncomfortable with him wrapping his arm around your back
- Uncomfortable holding his hand
- Uncomfortable leaving DS and going out on a date beyond walking the dog
- Uncomfortable with him wanting to chat everyday
- Uncomfortable with the possible "I love you"
- Uncomfortable with the the french kiss
- Uncomfortable with talking to him on the phone with DS around
- Uncomfortable with his desire to meet DS

These are just the items off the top of my head, I am sure if I go back in this thread I can actually find more, but that is 9 items from "my" memory of your discomfort and it is only the 12th of December. 9 items of discomfort in 12 days would make me at least spend some time reflecting on if I was ready to date & if the person I was dating was the right one at the right time.
Thanks for your input Loveohm! To be quite honest though, I think I would feel exactly the same way, uncomfortable with all those things, even if he was the most perfect guy n the world. Because this is all so very new to me, it has been me and DS for so many years, so this whole dating thing is very different for me and therefore seems strange. Change is always difficult to deal with. Maybe that means im not ready to date? Add all that to the anxiety Im dealing with and social anxiety = :::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthea™ View Post
Anne, I agree with LoveOhm's list, this guy isn't for you. I remember in a past thread someone mentioned counseling and you weren't sure what you needed it for, but I think it would help a lot with your social anxiety - I am not saying this out of meanness, but caring for your happiness You deserve to feel comfortable with yourself and know if someone will or won't be worth your time.
Thank you, I am in counselling but can only afford to go once every 2 months, maybe I need to look into trying to find a way of going more than that. I didn't discuss social anxiety with her last time, but we did talk about my general anxiety and she gave me some reading to do on it.

Quote:
I think after this much time you'd be loosening up if it was going to work, but you aren't
I am I am! I actually look forward to his phone calls and enjoy chatting to him. I was out last night so we didn't get to talk and I missed that. I have loosened up a little about if he calls during times when DS is here, I will chat to him for a short time. I really do feel like I want to be in a relationship with him, I want this to work out, I want to get to know him better...it seems like we hardly know anything about eachother having only met up 3 times so far. My biggest fear right now is that he will reject me once I tell him about my health issues. But I am feeling like I NEED to tell him about it, and I need him to understand, because when we go out places together, like next week we are going to the cinema, if I get sick when im out somewhere with him, I need to know he will be okay with it and help me, yk? Seems like this will be the test for whether we carry on or end things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 265 Old 12-13-2008, 08:49 AM

It's only ten minutes until he arrives, but I wanted to send you a quick hug and tell you to just breathe and wait until after this date to decide if he is or isn't enough into you to warrant how invested you feel. Ok? Cutting the date from 4-5 hours to just 3 hours is not necessarily indicative or anything, but being the ice queen to him when he does come get you for lunch will definitely affect things. Don't do it! Give your date the best chance it can have and play it out from there. : Who knows, maybe he acts odd and picks his nose and by the end of it, you're over him. : Could happen. Just one step at a time, breathe, smile, let him hold the door for you, smile, chat..... You'll be fine.
#123 of 265 Old 12-13-2008, 01:15 PM

Yes, breathe in, breathe out! Let us know how it went!

I think it would be more relaxed if you look at men as potential friends. I know, some people think it's a load of BS, that men and women can't be friends, but I think it's TOTALLY possible. In fact, I think it's absolutely NECESSARY in a respectful relationship. Which I've never had before. Until now.

Ah, month 6 of the relationship, when we start to get real lol. I know it's going to be a long haul with my bf as we are both at really financially low points, but I am NOT going to let it get to me!

I've known my guy since I was 19, so I am always happy to see his sweetness come out. Yesterday, I was in court all day, doing the blah blah custody thing, and he brought over his PJs and totally held me until I went to sleep. *sigh*
#124 of 265 Old 12-13-2008, 09:24 PM

Oh dear! Was I ever wrong!!!
I cant really put into words how that went except - he is definately into me! And I am definately into him!

We had lunch - it was great. He asked me out specificly to see me have dessert, as he found out earlier that I totally ADORE chocolate desserts - and as he had told me earlier he wanted to see my "dessert-eyes"! He laughed so much seeing me get my dessert and said that alone was worth his trip And the loving expression on his face as he said that wiped away any doubt I had before.
We did end up at my place.. We have talked future, we have talked past - heavy stuff too as we both come with really serious luggage. Me with my past abusive relationship, he has lost his two children (long story - they are alive but he cant see them, for reasons I will not go into here). In short - he is very serious. He is every bit as attentive, caring, and decent as I remembered from our last date. I feel completely safe and protected when I am with him - when I am with him I have complete faith in his decency, honesty and devotion. I guess my issues are really all mine in this case. Its about my insecurity - probably something worth dealing with..

There has been a lot of talk here about red flags. Well I will introduce another term - green flags. Being the opposite af red ones. With this guy I have seen nothing but green flags. Whereever I look I see green flags popping up. Whatever he sais, a green flag pops up. Whatever he does, however he looks at me - I see a huge green flag.

Yep - im still in love - more so that before probably. I just hope I can put my trust-issues aside. The are really inappropriate in this case.. but I guess it is normal after my past relationship experience..

Thanks for letting me talk,talk,talk again..

Single mom to ds(8), dd(6) and ds(5)

#125 of 265 Old 12-13-2008, 10:55 PM

Seie I am very HAPPY it all went well!

I am running.... only an hour until my 2nd date with my old friend who I really like. I am meeting him at his new condo and either we are having a movie night or going out ---- guess we will see! Wish me luck!

I will catch up on all the post tomorrow.

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.
#126 of 265 Old 12-14-2008, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Seie, that is so exciting

Whatever will be, already is...

#127 of 265 Old 12-14-2008, 09:03 AM

Oh, Seie, I'm so happy for you! It sounded like a wonderful date!!! :

I'm in the final 30 hours countdown until I see FinnishBoy. I hope my vision is also blurred by all the 'green flags' I see popping up in my view! :

Good luck, LoveOhm...
and mountain, your guy sounds amazing. I can't even imagine how awesome it would be if I had someone special to do that for me during my custody nightmare.... Sounds like you've got a keeper.
#128 of 265 Old 12-14-2008, 03:55 PM

I don't know how I feel about my date last night ---- it was with my friend "B" who I have know since high school and he is a sweetie to me.

We basically caught up on what has been going on in our lives - he is working in his family business (as expected), coaching a high school basketball team which I think it really sweet given that it takes a great deal of time, he explained a breakdown he had a couple years back & told me he has a 4 month old daughter.

I love that he is a gentleman --- stood outside waiting for me to arrive when I called to say I was close, opened doors, pulled out chairs, completely catered to me!

We also did some very heavy petting and kissed like crazy, of course he wanted more. Honestly part of me wanted more too.... Every situation is different however I know the physical is not enough & for me to give of myself in that manner to any man he will seriously have to work for it!

There were some items of concern:

1) He has alot of female friends and always has, this is a little intimidating but I think I will know if he really is into me by his actions going forward so it's only a minor concern.

2) I am not sure how I feel dating someone with a child. He did not speak badly of the mother of this child but he basically said they were never together in a relationship and will never be. He has a picture of his daughter from Halloween in his phone but seems so detached from both the mother and the child. He was more interested in my child than his own which felt odd.... I guess 4 months is young and men often bond latter but it felt a little odd.

3) I offended his roommate by asking if he was "metro sexual" he seems so & I thought that would be a compliment but..... he was offended so I feel bad.

Anyway it was "good" on some fronts like B opening up to me about so much but ending the night by offending the roommate put a damper on things. Also I am not quite sure how to feel about this whole baby thing... and a big one, how do I convey that I like him but that I don't want to rush the physical especially when we have already been physical years ago.

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.
#129 of 265 Old 12-14-2008, 05:49 PM

Seie wow your guy sounds great! You sound so happy, im glad things are going so well over there!

LoveOhm, try not to worry too much about the roommate, he's not the one you're dating afterall. Finding out he has a daughter must have been quite a shock. -I have those same concerns about a physical relationship, how to make it clear you don't want to jump into that?

I just talked to my guy on the phone, we were going to meet up tomorrow morning, but he has a friend staying today and overnight, so he has cancelled and said can we just meet up on thursday instead, so that's what we're doing and going to the cinema on that day. -He also wants to go out to eat either before or after the movie, im really shy about eating infront of people...and im not sure I want to do it yet, so I might just say lets go to the cinema only.

3 things happened on the phone call that I didn't really like. First he told me to check online for what's on at the cinema, to figure out what time we need to leave, get there, etc, and to pick the movie -he told me his movie type preferences but said I can choose. -I don't know if it's good that im the one organising it all, or if we could have done it together, but he is busy with work stuff so I guess that's just me being silly. -It just seemed a bit like he didnt care.

The second thing....: he brought up that he wants to show me a picture of his ex girlfriend.....why?! I know im going to be very intimidated by her, I don't want to see. Then he said he hoped I didn't get offended or feel weird about him wanting to show me her, so he knows it's wrong to do that....but maybe it's in his culture? He said "I know some people get weird about talking about someones ex and seeing their picture, but I want us to share things." -Which I guess is kinda nice really.

The third thing, the main thing, was that he said he wants to see me dance someday. I was like "huh?' He said "yeah I will put on the music channel on tv and I want you to dance" I said no im not doing that, and he was like "I like my girlfriend to dance for me" -and I said "well I dont dance for people, sorry"....I guess it was okay for him to ask, how was he supposed to know I wouldn't want to? Im sure plenty of women dance for their boyfriends, but im not one of them, im way too shy for that stuff. If he brings it up again, im not going to be happy because it will be like hes trying to pressure me.

There were a lot of awkward silences on the phone, I still don't know if this whole thing is right...he asked me how I felt things are going between us as he thinks its going really good, and I told him I feel like we barely know eachother and need to spend more time together which he agreed to but he has so many hours working that we can't.

Oh yeah he also put pressure on me to find a babysitter to look after DS so we can go out on his day off (sundays) and I said im not willing to do that yet. I explained once we are closer I will, but we barely know eachother right now so I don't want to.

I know you'll probably think I should end it right now and everything, I just wanted to vent to someone because that conversation wasn't very pleasant I really don't even want to go out anywhere with him after that.
#130 of 265 Old 12-14-2008, 05:55 PM

I hate it when men ask me to dance for them. No, I won't do it, refuse to do it, nag me and I'll probably throw a book at you. I don't like being an object to watch. Skeeves me out (said 13 years after I was briefly a stripper).

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
#131 of 265 Old 12-14-2008, 06:30 PM

Just another voice in the chorus of: Anne2008, this guy really really creeps me out.

I hear how excited you are about starting dating again. I hope you realize there will be guys out there who are into you and who you feel truly comfortable with. A bird in the hand is NOT worth two in the bush in the case of relationships.

Your twinges about this guy cannot be written off to your social anxiety. Why else would so many of us have such a strong reaction? I recoil when I read your descriptions of his words/moods/behavior.

I hope you are able to listen to your icky feelings here. I know that for me when I feel my energy backing off, (or going ICK!), it's my deeper inner knowing saying: No, this is not a good place for you to be. I have learned that I can--and must--trust this. I learned this from ignoring it and finding out the results.

I notice that as I read your posts I feel protective of you, as if I see a train wreck about to happen and I want to warn the passengers. But you are a big girl and it is your life, so this protection is not what you need. You can get through whatever is ahead of you with strength and courage, look how far you've come already as a single mom. Single mothers are awesome. I hope that you are able to learn what you need to from this--whatever it is-- with a minimum of hurt and abuse.
#132 of 265 Old 12-14-2008, 06:36 PM

Anne,

That's disappointing! I'm feeling for you. I am being the cheerleader here reminding you that this is not the only fish in the pond by any means!!! Someone out there who can accept you as you are WANTS to be loved by someone like you.

Hang in there! We're rooting for you.

ETA: Anne, I just got HUGE goosebumps reading the other posts about red flag reactions to this guy and thinking about how things are going to work out for you in your dating adventures to come!
#133 of 265 Old 12-14-2008, 07:03 PM

Anne: I am not sure exactly what you want us to tell you? You are seeing all the red flags. You are feeling that something is WRONG - and you keep going just like I did when I saw my exes red flags. Except - honestly your guy has way more red flags than mine did to begin with. I think you are VERY wise to not be intimate with this guy till you know exactly what kind of a person he is. My guess is he will start putting pressure on you to have sex, kiss - what do I know - before long. If you go with it, he will push your limits a little more next time and if you turn him down he will tell you that it is because YOU have a problem, that you need to relax, and he will start pointing out why something is very wrong with you that you really need to work on.

I say leave it be before it gets that far. If you are not ready to do that, just remember what I said cause I am betting my arm it will happen pretty much as I outlined above. And maybe when you see that come true you will start to believe that this is not a healthy place to go.
Sorry to be so negative - its just - the more you tell, the more that guy just makes all my red lamps flash..

#134 of 265 Old 12-14-2008, 07:17 PM

Yep, this guy's gotta be thrown back into the sea, Anne2008, and get yourself a few other fish and just date around very very casually (brief 15 minute coffee meetings, just set up several and only if a guy totally relaxes you and makes you feel really comfortable should you agree to do it again).

However, I would love dancing for my lover... But if a guy who I wasn't already intimate with asked me that, it would piss me the hell off. :
#135 of 265 Old 12-14-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOhm View Post
I am happy you have a new SO that you are happy with. My personal thought is to not have your SO around your son IF you do not want your STBX to know or your divorce settlement to be affected. Once you don't mind your STBX knowing then you can decide to reconsider. Rule of thumb for me is if you feel the need to sneak then don't do it with your kid around.

In my situation I would not want my ex to know about a new significant love interest until 1) Our parenting plan including custody, child support & my ex paying for private school were signed and filed with the courts and 2) my love interest was committed to being long-term i.e. we were moving in together or seriously talking about marriage.

My personal thoughts on a SO meeting children is honestly "it depends" on many factors.

I have a few close male friends from childhood and my daughter has four uncles & she is extremely social in "controlled settings" --- so I would not blink about having my daughter casually meet a SO in a "group" setting. I would see how they "both" interact in that group setting which would most likely set the tone for a SO possible seeing more of my daughter. Once I am in a bigger place and my daughter sleeps thru the night I think I would be okay with a SO hanging out at night (but not spending the night) IF he had gotten to the point that SO was not a stranger to my daughter. Before that point for me means I would need a sitter!

Which brings me to why I am on here I need advice on "my" sitter ad! I will post it!

Best of luck mama and keep us posted.
LoveOhm,

Thanks for all the food for thought. I'm realizing that there are lots of changes going on here -my BF and I are falling *deeper* in love...

I've been having twinges of guilt about having something so heavy happen in the relationship department while i'm still married We haven't been able to resolve financial and custody stuff in a timely way -it's so complicated and we both have tended to get adversarial when we are trying to put things to paper although we are amicable otherwise.

Things change so fast with DS and timesharing just depending on our situations! How do we write flexibility into the document? most especially, i am concerned about having something in writing about being able to move out of state with DS when i go on the job market...

To clarify the story: DS normally sleeps through the night except when he hasn't had a nap and he goes to bed earlier (he's almost 4)...

Yes, I think I am going to slow everything down and not talk about BF with STBX. I can find time to hang out with BF when DS isn't around... At the same time, it feels like it is getting time that we start being together since DS is everything to me. I do like the idea of doing something as a group, since BF and I were friends before we got "involved" and we did hang out with DS before we got "involved." Maybe DS can come to one of our kickball games...

Again, thanks for your input and for your food for thought!
#136 of 265 Old 12-14-2008, 11:35 PM

Seie, that's awesome to hear!! He sounds great.

Anne - hrm, I do NOT like this guy. Not at all. He seems very controlling... ick, just ick. I know we could all be wrong, but I really just do not think so...

Emma, I haven't been following your thread as closely, but I agree w/ the group settings. It seems especially easier since they've already met.

Edited: gonna stop posting my dating adventures here. While I really don't care if my ex knows or reads it, I think it's fueling his anger. :P
#137 of 265 Old 12-14-2008, 11:59 PM

tripleaces! good stuff!
#138 of 265 Old 12-15-2008, 04:43 AM

Quote:
I hate it when men ask me to dance for them. No, I won't do it, refuse to do it, nag me and I'll probably throw a book at you. I don't like being an object to watch. Skeeves me out (said 13 years after I was briefly a stripper).
Synthea thanks for this, it's really how I feel too, like it's demeaning and creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom View Post
However, I would love dancing for my lover... But if a guy who I wasn't already intimate with asked me that, it would piss me the hell off. :
But then I wasn't sure if I was being silly about it because plenty of women probably don't mind doing it and even like it. The point must be, if I don't like it or want to do it, he should respect that and not pressure me about it right?

Thanks for everyone's thoughts, I think I was expecting that reaction, but I really needed to get out how I felt and what had happened on the phone because it kind of upset/disappointed me. It sometimes seems strange on the phone, or to go bad, but when we are in person it seems better.

I'm going to go out on this date with him to the cinema on thursday and maybe get a bite to eat, and see what it's like actually being out some place with him. If I don't enjoy being with him, or he says anything....weird, then I think I'll break this thing off.

To be completely honest, im really worried if I end this, im not going to find anyone else. He's the first guy in 6 years I have wanted to go out with and get to know, and im thinking what if it's another 6 years before I meet anyone else? Granted I wasn't looking for anyone prior to this guy, and I hadn't been "putting myself out there" at all, so if I was, there's much more chance I would meet someone.
#139 of 265 Old 12-15-2008, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2008 View Post
im thinking what if it's another 6 years before I meet anyone else? .
Don't think that way don't think that way don't think that way! It is not true!!!! If you want ideas on how to meet someone else to date to get some more perspective on this guy, read the "how to start dating again" thread!
#140 of 265 Old 12-15-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleaces View Post
I WENT ON A DATE! Last night. And oh, it was goooood. Really, really good. You know when you're able to talk to someone in such a way that it's just "natural"? Like you've known them a long time, and get all the things each other is saying?
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! : I'm so happy for you. Clever move, leaving the scarf in the truck.
#141 of 265 Old 12-15-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_goldman View Post
I'm realizing that there are lots of changes going on here -my BF and I are falling *deeper* in love...

I've been having twinges of guilt about having something so heavy happen in the relationship department while i'm still married
Don't feel guilty. How often do you find yourself falling deeply in love with someone? Don't feel guilty about the timing. Love is a gift, whenever and however you find it.
#142 of 265 Old 12-15-2008, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2008 View Post

3 things happened on the phone call that I didn't really like. First he told me to check online for what's on at the cinema, to figure out what time we need to leave, get there, etc, and to pick the movie -he told me his movie type preferences but said I can choose. -I don't know if it's good that im the one organising it all, or if we could have done it together, but he is busy with work stuff so I guess that's just me being silly. -It just seemed a bit like he didnt care.

It all about the tone of voice. My DP would probably do the same but only because he wants me to decide and that's really nice of him. He wants to make sure he doesn't chose a film I might not enjoy.
The second thing....: he brought up that he wants to show me a picture of his ex girlfriend.....why?! I know im going to be very intimidated by her, I don't want to see. Then he said he hoped I didn't get offended or feel weird about him wanting to show me her, so he knows it's wrong to do that....but maybe it's in his culture? He said "I know some people get weird about talking about someones ex and seeing their picture, but I want us to share things." -Which I guess is kinda nice really.

NOT nice - that's not sharing that is forcing things on you. Anyway it's too soon for that type of thing. If she was the mother of his kids and you'd known each other for a long time it would be different. Red flag!

The third thing, the main thing, was that he said he wants to see me dance someday. I was like "huh?' He said "yeah I will put on the music channel on tv and I want you to dance" I said no im not doing that, and he was like "I like my girlfriend to dance for me" -and I said "well I dont dance for people, sorry"....I guess it was okay for him to ask, how was he supposed to know I wouldn't want to? Im sure plenty of women dance for their boyfriends, but im not one of them, im way too shy for that stuff. If he brings it up again, im not going to be happy because it will be like hes trying to pressure me.

The fact that he asked you to dance for him is the straw that broke the camel's back IMHO. That is really disrespectful. If you seemed like a really kinky person with tons of sex appeal it would be respectful and appropriate to suggest something like that. Now, I'm guessing that you are NOT kinky and I think it's highly inappropriate to suggest something like that when you haven't even had sex yet. I also think that you two are sexually incompatible – big time!

I urge you to break up with him now. Waiting is only going to make it much harder. I promise you that you'll find lovely men to date when you start looking. I personally think online dating is great because it enables you to be very selective according to whatever criteria you think set up. There are several books on the subject that will guide you through online dating and help you find the best sites and help you figure out the rules of dating, how to spot nice and serious guys and weed out the not so nice guys. Good luck Anne. You deserve a great guy who'll respect you for who you are and where you are at this point in your life.

I know you'll probably think I should end it right now and everything, I just wanted to vent to someone because that conversation wasn't very pleasant I really don't even want to go out anywhere with him after that.

Then don't do it. You have your answer right there! Hugs - I know it's not easy.
#143 of 265 Old 12-15-2008, 12:09 PM

Anne.. please don't feel that way. Good luck on your date. But there are so many ways to meet more people! Especially if you're feeling ready... The online dating thing is surprisingly working out well for me so far.
#144 of 265 Old 12-15-2008, 02:41 PM

Well, the dating thing still isn't going well for me. The guy I met that works in law enforcement is a clingy. We still haven't been out on actual date and I feel kinda bad because I haven't at least given him a shot there.

The older (white) and I gradually getting there. I am totally fine that we are of different races and so is he. I guess he was more concerned about me but like I told him, love has no color and sees no bounds. He's a great guy and I love our flirtous conversations.

My son's father is something else. I'm not going to get myself all riled up about the latest stupid stuff he's done but I'm trying ot handle it as best as I can...with my credit card.

I'm going to give the online dating thing one more shot and see what happens. Wish me luck

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#145 of 265 Old 12-15-2008, 08:42 PM

AKA PI: Good luck with the online dating. I met my guy online - but wrote with quite a few before I found someone I "clicked" with. So my advice would be - if it doesnt get interesting after a few letters - dont bother.

Tripleaces: Good luck getting the scarf - sounds interesting

Here I had a long talk on the phone with my guy today. We had part of "the talk" that needs to come at some point. In short the situation is as follows:
He is not the kind of person to fall in love over night like me - he is the "growing love" kind of person. He is very into me though and thinks it could well be long term. He even mentioned that - who knows - maybe we are the ones to grow old together. I thought that was pretty sweet.. He puzzles me - he really does.
We are meeting up again on friday - again he wants to meet out in town for a drink. I would much prefer to just meet at home, but he insists on getting to know me away from bedroom distractions. I am still not sure whether I should be insulted or flattered about that.. Right now I am probably a bit of both..

#146 of 265 Old 12-16-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom View Post
Don't feel guilty. How often do you find yourself falling deeply in love with someone? Don't feel guilty about the timing. Love is a gift, whenever and however you find it.
yeah that! thanks for reminding me!
#147 of 265 Old 12-16-2008, 09:34 AM

My guy phoned me last night, much better conversation than the day before We talked about the cinema on thursday, he said he's looking forward to it He said we haven't seen eachother in over a week and he really wants to give me a big hug He also said it had been really nice talking to me

One kind of weird thing happened, im not sure if it's a bad thing or just him being insecure? -He joked about how I didn't text him yesterday and said he knows I never think about him, which ofcourse I said wasn't true....but I had noe xcuse for why I hadn't text him, I just said I was doing stuff. So Im going to make more effort to try to text him every day....I didn't want to before because I wasn't sure if he would like that or think I was sounding clingy or something, but now I know he wants me to, I will send one some days (-without him having to send one first I mean.)

TripleAces So glad your date went well! When are you seeing him again? Sounds promising!

AKA_PI Goodluck with the internet dating! -Can I ask how that guy is being clingy?

Seie I would definately take it as a compliment and a good sign him wanting to spend time with you outside of the bedroom! He has more interest in you than just sexually Hopefully you can do a bit of both though!

DanishMomthanks for your support and advice
#148 of 265 Old 12-16-2008, 03:40 PM

Annie2008 - The clingy guy is ALWAYS calling me, even during work hours to talk about absolutely nothing. He's always emailing me about nothing and forwarding me random pictures of him at fraternity events. It's just constant. If I respond to an email he sent about 3 hours ago, best believe he will respond to me immediately. I swear he sits with his email open.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#149 of 265 Old 12-16-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
Annie2008 - The clingy guy is ALWAYS calling me, even during work hours to talk about absolutely nothing. He's always emailing me about nothing and forwarding me random pictures of him at fraternity events. It's just constant. If I respond to an email he sent about 3 hours ago, best believe he will respond to me immediately. I swear he sits with his email open.

Run, run away!
#150 of 265 Old 12-17-2008, 04:35 AM

Yeah, I thought my guy was clingy like that at first, he was calling me a lot. Now..not so much.

Im a bit concerned about how often we are in contact. Can you ladies tell me how often you speak to your guys on the phone? And how often are you meeting up to see eachother?

I haven't seen him in over a week now, and he didn't bother to phone me last night, and im left feeling like this isn't going to work out because we aren't getting to know eachother. There doesn't seem to be enough face to face contact, and it's nowhere near the same on the phone, we both seem really quiet on the phone.

And with the school Christmas holidays about to start, I will not be able to see him for 2 weeks as DS will be with me constantly. It just feels like we should be seeing eachother maybe, twice a week? to get to know eachother better. I feel a bit frustrated.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page