Tired of hearing married people say they know what single parenthood is like - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 03-07-2009, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoo View Post
:

ESPECIALLY number 4
Ditto. Add to it that DS' biological father has stopped paying his child support so now he has more money to do that stuff. He even made it a point while I was pregnant to tell me all about this ridiculously expensive dinner he had planned for his new girlfriend, trying to piss me off. I laughed and told him to spend all he wants, once I get that order he'll be owned by the state and will eventually have no choice but to put it towards the child he threw away.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#32 of 32 Old 03-13-2009, 03:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leta View Post
People say this to you? Holy Cats. I would never, ever say that. Maybe because I have a couple close friends who are single moms? I dunno.

Of course partnered parents don't know what it's like to be a single parent! Sheesh.
My dear sweet momma advised me to sign up for a full load of classes (I quit my career of 10 years and went back to college 3 months before I found out I was preggers) for the term that started 2 weeks after ds was due. I was pretty clueless at the time. Fortunately one of my professors told me that was crazy since I'm a single mom and there would be no one to hold ds while I did the dishes, much less homework, and I probably wouldn't want to leave him while I went to class.....and 2 weeks to get back to normal after giving birth IF he came on time? Soo glad I didn't do what mom advised, especially since ds was 3 weeks late!

She found out I dropped most of my classes when ds was three weeks old and was a bit put out and told me I was being lazy and irresponsible and she knew what was possible 'cause my dad was working 12 hr days when her first child was born..... It took a lot of self control not to blow up at her, but I'm glad I held my tongue just because she's been a great support in every other way, but it was really frustrating to hear because she was a sahm for crying out loud and she wanted me to leave my baby in the first month of his life to go to class? Sheesh.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page