Who was present at the birth? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2009, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicpapayamama View Post
: my water didnt break at all, the dr had to do it because the bag of water was bulging out before the baby.... so you might want another thing to go by... maybe when you are having regular contractions for a couple hours?

My waters didn't break until Ds came out!!!

I had my mother there and my neighbor (she is like a second mom to me) when I got homw (I live with my mom) she did help a little not to much though her and I have a good understanding that this is my child not hers. She would once ina while while I was nurseing bring me a glass of water but really other than that she didn't do to much. I am actually worried on how to bond with the new baby comeing when I will have my boyfriend there I am not sure how to share a baby with someone and still bond with the baby!

You will do wonderful and the fact that you are concerend about the bonding shows that you are going to bond wonderfully with you little bean!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2009, 05:29 PM

Old 04-13-2009, 08:46 PM

Forgive me, I stumbled across this thread and thought about it for a minute before I decided to post, but have you considered just coming back to the D for a few weeks around the time that you're due? When I was pregnant last year and we were looking at places in Vegas, my family insisted that I just come home around week 36 and stay with my grandmother until after I had the baby. That way I'd have someone with me while I labored and delivered and help for the first week or so after the baby because I knew no one in Nevada. Maybe your aunt could get you a buddy pass or something.

It was just the first thing that I thought of.

Body, I've been more than patient. Please make a baby. Please?
always loving my babies. (May 08)(April 09)(August 09)(September 09) (December 10)
Old 04-14-2009, 05:35 AM

Been there--all you need is a doula!
As for after the birth, I'll be completely honest. It's really flipping hard. And I was living with my parents. I would definitely get some support systems in place beforehand, whether it's relatives staying with you or hiring a PP doula. I know you say you want to get to know your baby without anyone there, but you'll have plenty of alone time in any case.

User Tag List