Baby Announcements - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-17-2009, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
X-posted in my DDC, but I thought I'd get good ideas here too.

My next babe is due in June, but we've been separated since December, when stbx filed for divorce. I normally write "Mommy Akie, Daddy Shaun, and Brothers M and C" on the announcement. Should I leave his dad's name off? Should I leave both our names off and just write "Brothers M and C?"

Do I have to send them to his family too? This will cost money . . .

What do you think? What did you do for yours, if you were in a similar position?

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-17-2009, 10:10 PM

I think it would be cute to list the siblings. On mine I just wrote "We" Welcome Little M.

I sent them to everybody who attended / invited to my baby shower. I also sent them to ex's immediate family, parents and siblings.

-Janna, independent mother of dd, Ms. Mattie Sky born on my 25th birthday, 06*23*2000. My Mama Feb.21,1938-Sept.10,2006
#3 of 7 Old 04-18-2009, 03:41 AM

I'd do WE or Brothers Names

You could send an e-announcement to his family or the .pdf of the design to him so he can order as many as he likes to send to his family. I would not take away what little $ he has not kept away from you to announce to your family the birth of your wonderful child.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#4 of 7 Old 04-18-2009, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was not single when I did birth anouncements but we just did the babies name. people knew who it was from by the return address and baby's full name.

perhaps have a few cheaper ones to send to his family members . . . .not sure how much you are spending on announcements. maybe just do up a post card on your computer (this will even save on postage). or send a couple pictures to grandparents and dad along with important announcment type information and let them know they are free to have announcements made or send out announcments or whatever.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#5 of 7 Old 04-18-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KailuaMamatoMaya View Post
I'd do WE or Brothers Names

You could send an e-announcement to his family or the .pdf of the design to him so he can order as many as he likes to send to his family. I would not take away what little $ he has not kept away from you to announce to your family the birth of your wonderful child.
:

I like we or the siblings names.... with my dd Grandma did an e-announcement/.pdf sent to everyone under the sun. It was the most timely and eco way to do so. I did have one printed out nicely for her babybook.

(For the Save the Date of my baby shower we also did a .pdf via email prior to sending out the actual paper invitation and we got so many compliments.)

For the announcement wording, I think it said "Introducing DD's Full Name" and anyone who was being sent it knew who it was from even with dd having ex's last name. (Especially since it came from my email address or dd's grandma's depending on who we sent the announcement to)

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.
#6 of 7 Old 04-19-2009, 06:04 PM

I announced that my kids had a new sibling. It turned out cute. I used one of the photos that was taken just after my little one's birth and we did send it via email though I have a full resolution copy of the file for the baby book.

Don't mind criticism. If it is untrue, disregard it; if unfair, keep from irritation; if it is ignorant, smile; if it is justified it is not criticism, learn from it.
#7 of 7 Old 04-19-2009, 11:39 PM

I did not do announcements But I did send pictures to MY family yeah I was still angery as all heck when Ds was born BUT I did call his parents and allowed them to come to the hospital after the birth buut I did tell them that they needed to come the next day as I was wiped out! I really think it is a personal choice and if you feel comfortable sending them to his side then go for it if you feel out of place doing so then let him know and HE can do it

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page