~June Dating Thread~ Single Ladies!!! (put a ring on it) - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 275 Old 07-01-2009, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Josy, I think the polka-dots might be fun in that design. Hard to say for sure though, with the ruching.
#272 of 275 Old 07-01-2009, 08:01 PM

Update:

So today I moved out!! 21 yo gorgeous intern came to help, and while we were moving, SCG called me on my cell and asked if he could help! So the three of us moved me.
Without SCG we wouldn't have really done anything, because he has a huge van. So I am SO grateful he came to help!!! I guess it means good things to come???

Single mama to a 5yo and 8yo

#273 of 275 Old 07-01-2009, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmoon View Post
Butterflymom and I are the mods, so PM either of us if you want an invite to join.
exactly. : I'm here. PM me if you want any more info. :

So sugarmoon.... I'm so sorry that you're reliving all those unpleasant memories and are so in a funk.

Go hiking with localguy just for the fun of it.

Gonna get a casual pic of S&S at some point. promise.

Just had a date with Clark Kent. He and I argued about what our relationshi goals are and bottom linei s that he does NOT want the hassle of a girlfrienda nd blaaaaaah I dont'w ant to hear about it. But we arranged that tomrorow night will be a date night for us. What are we doing. Dunno.

Am tipsy. Goin' to sleep.
#274 of 275 Old 07-01-2009, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicpapayamama View Post
hello, been a little while. just wanted to give you mamas an update.... not seeing the match.com guy anymore... he stopped calling me out of the blue...loser... sigh....
But before I go to sleep. WTF happened with this guy?! I can't believe he acted like such a psycho and just up and vanished out of the blue. I'm so sorry. Please give us any info/details about that or other contenders, that you wanna give.....
#275 of 275 Old 07-06-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicpapayamama View Post
hello, been a little while. just wanted to give you mamas an update.... not seeing the match.com guy anymore... he stopped calling me out of the blue...loser... sigh....
I sent you a message but just in case you don't get it, here it is again:

I'm a bit behind and just now reading the June dating thread as I haven't been interested in dating. :-) Anyway, I had to stop reading to warn you; your guy's behaviour sounds precisely like my DS's father. He rewrote history, got upset when I didn't understand to what he referred and basically just lied.

Also, the second job; do you have firsthand knowledge of that? My son's father has two boys from his first marriage and he told me over and over how much he sacrificed for his kids; being the mother of his third, I have to say he was a big ol' fat LIAR. Were it me, I would call down there one night when he is supposed to be working to verify his story but only if you intend to pursue this relationship.

I STRONGLY recommend breaking it off NOW. I lived it for MANY years; the different personas, one in person and one over the phone, rewriting history, lying and cheating. I'm not saying he is doing these things but my past experience with it insisted I write to you and would not let it be.

I hope I have not offended you with this and wish you much luck in the realm of dating.

Ummm...also, since I have jumped in with this advice, I probably should introduce myself and my situation to you all. I have not dated since my DS (3.5) was conceived; his father didn't take the news particularly well.

Recently, I got onto the Facebook thingy and FB suggested a friend for me; turned out to be my dearest friend from the Marine Corps twenty years ago. He and I were inseparable then, and lost touch over the intervening years. I added him as a friend and he promptly emailed me requesting my phone number so he could call me on the weekend. I did, he did, and long story short, we have talked for HOURS and HOURS every day since.

Last night, we had our First Official Date over the phone as he is in TX and I am in MA. It was a lot of fun; we watched a comedian on Comedy Central and had another lovely conversation. He's coming here in September so I wanted to get the First Date jitters out of the way.

He's not my type at all. Period. He's a wonderful guy and a great person; he makes me laugh, gets my jokes, and I can talk to him about anything. I wasn't looking to date ANYONE at this time so it is a HUGE surprise to both of us how well this is going. I have expressed my reservations to him and his response is always that though this was sudden, there's no need to rush.

He's amazing and it amuses that it's one of those classic "I was blindsided by love when I wasn't even looking" situations. :-)

Butterflymom, I PM'ed you to get the FB hookup but I'm not sure I did it right; the new setup here is still odd to me. Please PM me to let me know you received it or search by my user name here to find me there (complications with ex force my continued anonymity).

Minxie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page