*~*'~* November Dating Thread *~*'~* How proactive are you when it comes to finding prospects? - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 276 Old 11-29-2009, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so sorry your going through this Seie. I wish I could offer you some advice but I just don't know what to say...

Sending healing vibes your way

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#272 of 276 Old 11-30-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom View Post

Question of the month: How proactive are you when it comes to finding prospects?
:
it is a combo of things for me. if i am interested, i will actively pursue. but a lot of the time, i am a watcher. i want to see the guy's personality and if it is compatible with mine. i find a lot of the time, if i let them approach, they are more of themselves. (this can go both ways, but it is less of him pretending if that makes sense.) i've been an internet dater for a while and not much has come of it sad to report. but the dating has been okay for me i suppose. i am pretty tame, so i'm not at all in a rush.

Former dreads.gifwearing, treehugger.gifing, pole dancing, read.gifpushing, ribbonpurple.gifsurvivor & single mama extraordinaire to energy.gif.  

Now that's a mouthful!!! computergeek2.gif & follow it!   

#273 of 276 Old 11-30-2009, 02:42 AM

Okay, so the jazz composer will be in town in -- count them -- seven days. I can't even describe how much I am dying to see that man.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#274 of 276 Old 11-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Seie. How horrible.

As for me...I have a......DATE on Friday night! (Even with Moniker-less, I never had an actual DATE with him, so it's the first date I've had in YEARS.) Met him on pof, we messaged back and forth a few times, he called last night and we talked for a good three hours. I told him that I'd work on wrangling someone to watch my kids, and he even offered to pay for a babysitter. (I think I'm going to ask my dad to watch the kids, for free, though.)

I'll have to come up with a name for him after I really meet him.

My friend who was trying to set me up with the guy that I have zero interest in, told him that I'd say yes if he asked me out, and he did, via Facebook. (He doesn't have my phone number, and honestly, I'd like to keep it that way.) Actually, the way my friend put it to me, and I usually love her bluntness, but this one kind of stung, was that I should go out with him even though he's not 'my type', because 'my type' have always turned out to be scumbags. My barometer is if a guy can come to a family function or a friend function and fit right in, and my family would think I'd lost my mind if I brought this guy to Thanksgiving. SIGH. So now I have to go out with him at least once, and then figure out a way to let them all know that yes, he is a really nice guy, but just because he's nice and I'm nice, and he finds me attractive doesn't mean the feeling is mutual.

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#275 of 276 Old 12-01-2009, 12:13 AM

I started the December thread....come on over!
#276 of 276 Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 PM

so I was searching for rings and I like these.  Are they still available?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page