Mothering Forum banner

I feel so guilty and terrible

576 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MCatLvrMom2A&X 
#1 ·
Tonight i realized that if given the chance, I would take it all back.

I would have never met him, even if it meant I didn't have my two sons.

I love them so much, and they are so much to me, but HE is even worse.

I fail as a mom.

#2 ·
I don't know your story, but from the little you've posted I have one guess: You are coming out (I hope) of an abusive relationship. Please don't be hard on yourself, or feel guilty. You do not fail as a mom. You have had your self-esteem worn away to nothing. Please find support and get into therapy. It'll be a long journey, but you won't always regret your children. That is the low self-esteem and depression talking. Please do what you do to be healthy, and know it won't happen overnight. Give yourself a break on guilt. You need to heal before you can evaluate your mothering with any accuracy. The best of luck to you. Apologies, if I am way off on my guess about where you are coming from. Stay safe, and if you are in a scary/dangerous situation, please make sure you are documenting everything!

#3 ·
I came in to the thread from the new posts page. So I don't know you or your story... but..

I am also coming out of an abusive marriage. I have no children and there are times where I am thankful for that, so I know what you are saying. He gave you two wonderful gifts, your children, and even if that is the only good thing he ever did, they are bringing joy to your life and will in the future
You can rebuild! I am rebuilding now! It is hard and sometimes I just sob from the harshness of it all. But the sun really does shine on me the next day. If you need support, PM me, we can take this journey together

#4 ·
I go through stages like that. It usually passes pretty fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.