happy to FINALLY be joining you!!!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-18-2010, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it was a long and arduous road, but i'm here on the other side

i've been a single parent for about a month now, and it's mostly good, but we have some behavioral issues to work through, so that's kind of tiring. ex had gotten them used to eating out a lot, and of course we can't afford that now, so that's one.

but we have PEACE and i have FREEDOM. the kids are a lot more affectionate and there's more laughter in the home now that we're not always walking on eggshells.

anyway, that's it, just wanted to say hi and am so thrilled and grateful to be here and grateful for you all
#2 of 12 Old 01-18-2010, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Welcome!

Mama to: Asterbanana.gif ,          Augustblueman.gif,              Emmett:nut.gif,              Ruthie: kiss.gif

Step mom to Malakiesuperhero.gif, Cameron af.gif, and Aurelia partytime.gif
#3 of 12 Old 01-18-2010, 08:13 PM

Welcome!

Peace and Freedom are wonderful things to replace walking on eggshells with.

Congratulations
#4 of 12 Old 01-18-2010, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations!!!!!!!
#5 of 12 Old 01-18-2010, 10:09 PM

Welcome!

Your post sounds so joyous and free.

The date my stbx moves out keeps getting pushed ahead...I hope that in a few weeks time I'll be writing such a happy sounding post too.

I'm very excited for you!

Happy single mama of Girlchild (10) and Boychild (9).
#6 of 12 Old 01-18-2010, 10:12 PM

Welcome to your new eggshell-free life! It's wonderful over on this side. Enjoy it.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#7 of 12 Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 PM

that euphoria in the first few months is an awesome feeling. things normalize over time, but almost a year later i can say with certainty that it's fantastic. poverty and stress are pretty huge downers, but the freedom to laugh out loud in my own living room without getting glared at is more than worth it. now go put on some of that music he always hated and cook something you think is delicious that he always complained about.
welcome to the club, glad you could join us!
#8 of 12 Old 01-20-2010, 03:52 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
WELCOME!!!!

ditto here with eating out.

but i have talked to my dd about well balanced diet and the care and love i prepare it with. plus now she helps too - so it helps. thankfully ex buys her healthy food.

you are doing marvelously for just a month. i was a complete mess at the end of the month though i didnt show it much.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#9 of 12 Old 01-21-2010, 10:12 AM

Welcome!!! I'm not around very often because I'm in school and get super busy during the semester, but I do know that this is a great group of parents here.

I'm glad that everything is falling into place for you. You sound very happy and excited to start the next phase of your life. Congratulations!

Christina:~Student mama to Collyn(13), Haylea-Ann (9):, and Natalie (8) , and SO to Jeff.
#10 of 12 Old 01-21-2010, 07:01 PM

YAY!!!!! I was actually thinking of you a few days ago and wondering how you were. I know this has been a long time coming for you and I'm glad you are at peace now. Enjoy your freedom!

M : proud mama to B (16) : and G (8) and : x 2 :
#11 of 12 Old 01-25-2010, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

hey, thanks everyone!!!

one of the great things that's happening is that the kids are starting to do some cooking--even getting out the cookbook themselves and putting stuff together and DS is getting to be quite the bargain hunter

last week, one of my friends came over and we had fun playing dress up with DD. the house we were living in before was a shambles and we couldn't have ANYone over, so it's really nice

i don't know if anyone else ever felt like this, but there was a time towards the end of the marriage when i looked around at everyone and wondered how anyone got anything done at all. i felt like i just managed to do the very minimum to survive, and i felt totally powerless over much of my life. now, i feel like i've rejoined the human race, and i can get things done almost effortlessly. it's so rewarding.

and i must tell you that when i went to gay pride last year, the dj debuted his mix of Whitney Houston's "I didn't know my own strength," and i cried right there on the dancefloor because it so fit what i was going through. at the end of the song, she sings, "I got to know my own strength..." and that's how i feel now

and for those of you who haven't made it out yet and the situation looks hopeless, keep the faith, it won't last forever
#12 of 12 Old 01-25-2010, 09:54 PM

Hi!

Single mama to one active lil pill, aged 6. Getting my Masters in Counseling while playing as much Farmville as possible

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page