*~*'~* February Dating Thread - Where is Cupid? *~*'~* - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 101 Old 02-24-2010, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mumblemama don't beat yourself up ---- we all live and learn, fall and make mistakes. Learn, love yourself and move on. Who are you dating nowadays? Where are you currently looking for dating options? Most importantly what are you doing to show love to yourself?

Butterfly I love seeing you back on the thread..... I am so bad at checking blogs, I hardly have time to be here on MDC but I do miss you and will try to check your blog from time to time. (((HUGS)))

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.
#92 of 101 Old 02-25-2010, 08:10 PM

LoveOhm.. I'm not really dating. I'm still in touch with Cool Blast, the Philosopher, and Artsy Psychologist, but it's all fell into just being friends mostly. I'm okay with that. My life is pretty busy of late with work and doing roller derby and I'm happy with things where they are.

Having issues letting go of Mr. Unavailable, we seemingly keep making up reasons to talk; which is quite easy when you have almost everything in common with someone (including work). So... hmm, I don't know.
#93 of 101 Old 02-25-2010, 08:25 PM

Just wanted to share this link of places to meet other singles.....
http://bossip.com/219948/a-list-of-p...s/#more-219948

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.
#94 of 101 Old 02-28-2010, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

The dude from the first week of January, that I spent time with in London......remember him? Twenty years older, blah blah blah......

He had vanished for all of February but now suddenly re-established contact. HMmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................... ("Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm......." --anyone remember that song?)
#95 of 101 Old 02-28-2010, 01:26 PM

So funny, Butterflymom. Had that song randomly pop in my head yesterday.
#96 of 101 Old 02-28-2010, 01:49 PM

Butterflymom- I remember him! I was wondering what happened with him, how odd he vanished and has come slinking back. How do you feel about that?

Things are pretty slow on the dating scene here. No one worth bothering with on my local pof, same old fish that are always there!

I hadn't heard anything from the paramedic all week so I had written him off. He's commented or liked some of my fb status's this week though so I know he's still out there! He texted me last night and we talked for a couple hours late last night It was nice, he is very easy to talk to, has a nice voice. He's been busy this week, getting things arranged to start working for the local ambulance, took a job at a factory and started this week and was starting a job at a group home this morning! So he is a go getter for sure, which is a good thing! I think I was maybe a bit to quick to write him off? I don't know! We seem to have a fair amount in common and interested in a lot of the same things. I'll try to sit back and ride it out, see where things go.
We don't have any plans to get together, but he's pretty busy working and I already have plans for the next 3 weekends.
#97 of 101 Old 03-01-2010, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

I'm skeptical, that's how I feel.

He's inviting me to Manhattan (he lives in the greater NYC area) to get my belongings he still has of mine. He wants to put me up in a suite overlooking central park, to make amends.

How about we make it a MDC single mama's meet-up and share the suite? Who can come in March? when?
#98 of 101 Old 03-01-2010, 04:56 PM

Butterfly: That just sounds - weird. Does he want to make it up to you, or does he want to start seeing you again? Or? Considering the feelings you developed with him I think you would be wise to be careful with him. Sounds like you already know that so..
About NY meetup I doubt I can come. Unless I have a ticket payed there is no way I could afford it. And even so I only have the last weekend of march open.

No news here. Im feeling a bit down about everything really. still no clarity about Manager. Will spend this coming weekend with him - entirely without children. On one hand i am looking forward to just being with him for the weekend, being spoiled rotten and everything. On the other hand it just plain scares me. He keeps telling me that we are taking it slow and that really we are still just getting to know eachother, but everything he says and does indicates that he really really wants something more with me that I may not be ready to give so I feel like there is some pressure. If the pressure doesn't lift and soon I will feel forced to back out I think.

Single mom to ds(8), dd(6) and ds(5)

#99 of 101 Old 03-01-2010, 08:13 PM

Just thought I'd put my two cents in; I liked what someone said in the beginning of this thread, about how being single isn't better or worse than being in a relationship, and there are pros and cons to each. I am single and have three kids. A few months ago I had an amazing couple of months with a Leo. I totally fell for him and he fell for me too. Problem was he is younger than me (i'm talking moved out of his familys house just before we met) and things fell apart. I guess his fear of the future has gotten the best of him, and so we are no longer together. I have never been so happy before. Then seemingly out of nowhere we broke up and didn't talk for a month. Then we talked and I realized that he missed me as much as I missed him. Then it fell apart again. Now I am biding my time. I know there is nothing I can do but also feel like I am not ready to let him go. We both work at a hospital(he works valet, and I work at the cafe') and I love dressing up and going into work and seeing him. He is warm and friendly, but also kind of a loner. I hope with all my heart that things change with him. At the same time I can't wait on a wish and if someone else comes along I will be open to it. I just find it really hard to believe that anyone else could be so much of what I want. I have never wanted to stay with someone the way I wanted to stay with him. Anyways, that is where I am at. Anyone else in this position?

Happiness despite misery is a great victory, I think...

caffix.gifSingle coffee loving and making mom to fencing.gifds, age 12, hamster.jpg dd, age 10, dog2.gif dd, age 7, flowerkitty.giftigress, cat.gifquinn, hyena.gifblack cat, and wool.gif beatrice the spider. Yeeehawww!!!

#100 of 101 Old 03-02-2010, 10:03 AM

Hazeldust: I am pretty much in the same position. I was with LL for a year - on our one year anniversary he suddenly - out of nowhere told me he didn't believe in us long term anymore. I had really been certain that we were for life and I have never been heartbroken like that ever before. It's been three months now and I don't see him at all as we met online and he lives 2 hours from here. I still see him online on facebook and skype but he hasn't called or contacted me at all since he left me. I spoke with him only twice during the first week after the breakup and havent spoken to him since. It still hurts so much that sometimes I can hardly breathe. I still break down crying unexpectedly.
I met a new guy around 6 weeks ago. He is really sweet, attentive and would be a good safe bet for the future but as you can read above I am just not in love with him. I still love LL and I still suffer from being convinced that he was my ONE and now I just lost that shot of love forever. It still hurts so much and I still can't believe he could do that. I honestly thought with all my heart he felt the same way I did. But here I am. So I know what it feels like. Hugs and thoughts - and welcome.

Single mom to ds(8), dd(6) and ds(5)

#101 of 101 Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 PM

Thanks Seie, and Hugs right back at ya! It's been about two months since we tried again and stopped talking. Right after that, I started seeing a single dad, 9 years older than me, with an awesome daughter, and I started to feel like the universe was playing with me. Here you have this nice, cool, Rockabilly dad, with a sweet pool playing daughter who get along awesome with my kids. He comes from a good family, has a good job, similar interests, and no chemistry whatsoever. He had everything the other didn't but I just could not return his feelings. So I think I am going to try to focus on a little self improvement. I have been feeling like I am on the edge for awhile and maybe some change is in order. I have always wanted to be open to love, for fear of letting something good pass me by, but the past 6 months or so have changed the way I view love and relationships and in turn how I want to approach a relationship. I'm not sure how that is yet, but I know I can't be so free with my heart. I have this hope that if I just hold on long enough this beautiful young lion will come around and make my dream come true. I don't want to let that thought go. I figure in the meanwhile I can steer my life towards better things and remain open to a better something. BTW, I have three kids too

Happiness despite misery is a great victory, I think...

caffix.gifSingle coffee loving and making mom to fencing.gifds, age 12, hamster.jpg dd, age 10, dog2.gif dd, age 7, flowerkitty.giftigress, cat.gifquinn, hyena.gifblack cat, and wool.gif beatrice the spider. Yeeehawww!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page