Quoted: 0 Post(s)
removed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-20-2010, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know it's all very overwhelming right now and it seems like you have to figure this all out right now, but you don't. It will all unfold in time, but not today.

The first time my kids went off was very difficult. It was painful and I cried. It's hard to let go when we aren't ready...but it really wasn't about me and the more I made it about me, the more I wasn't doing them any favors.

When I thought of my children being away from me as 'time away' or 'losing them', it was very painful. But, when I switched it around and saw it as 'time for me' and a 'time to recharge'...it felt much better and I actually started to look forward to the time to myself.

Our children benefit from us having a life of our own and time to do things for us. They benefit from being with people who love them and knowing they are loved and safe and supported in more than one environment. All of these things helped me too.

We all have to let go of our children at some point. From the second they're born, we are starting a process of letting go. When it feels like it's happening because of something beyond our control, it feels more difficult, but the more you can find positives in it, the easier it will be for your little one.

I know it's a lot all at once and I'm sorry for your loss and the pain you're feeling right now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page