How many of us are never married mothers? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 01-04-2012, 04:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I suppose I'd fall into the divorced category. I was with dp for almost ten years, although we never married we had children together and planned to parent them together. 

He had an affair an now I'm single... I suppose you could call that a happy accident :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 01-04-2012, 04:55 AM

Sh!t ten years of typing dp... It obviously takes more than three weeks to get used to typing xp. He's definitely not a darling!!

#33 of 37 Old 01-08-2012, 01:00 PM

Cool thread! I forget to pop in here a lot..but I'm in an 'other' as well.

I was with my child's father when I conceived, he continued to get more abusive - I said see ya. Packed my bags and headed home 600 miles north. I wasn't going to first of all - deal with more abuse, second - have MY child deal with the abuse, and third - I'm not gonna raise two babies and pay for and run the entire household. Sorry! It's cheaper anyway being without him. winky.gif

So..happy accident I suppose. Hoping to never hear from him again (I'm STILL pregnant with said child at 40w1d lol). 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#34 of 37 Old 01-10-2012, 09:28 PM

Hello mamas, SMBHA here, and would love to hear some thoughts on discussing dad's chosen total uninvolvement with your child... DS is only one but I often wonder how to approach this as biodad lives in the same city and parents his other child, so the "wasn't ready / able to be a dad doesn't really apply. Thanks mamas! I love being a SM, though It is quite challenging trying to do AP with a high needs child solo!
#35 of 37 Old 01-12-2012, 10:50 PM

never married, here, too. He said "I'm not the marrying type" confused.gif

#36 of 37 Old 01-13-2012, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)

smc x 2 and soon to be 3 (38 weeks)

#37 of 37 Old 01-14-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebestar7 View Post

Hello mamas, SMBHA here, and would love to hear some thoughts on discussing dad's chosen total uninvolvement with your child... DS is only one but I often wonder how to approach this as biodad lives in the same city and parents his other child, so the "wasn't ready / able to be a dad doesn't really apply. Thanks mamas! I love being a SM, though It is quite challenging trying to do AP with a high needs child solo!

I have a similar issue.  I was with DS' father on and off for 7 years.  Two of those years I spent in another state, trying the long distance thing.  We've always been able to talk to each other for hours, and that was enough for me.  When I came home i found that he had gotten a girl from his work pregnant.  Their child was deeply involved with XP's family, though the child didn't have contact with him.  (I guess that's the different part.)  When I got pregnant by accident, XP gave me the "abort or I'll leave" ultimatum (and we can see how that ended up!)  I can literally see XP's apartment from my parent's house... We visit on the weekends and I'm really curious how all this is going to pan out.  I'm dreading the day DS is old enough to talk and he notices he doesn't have a dad.

knit.gifmama to  thumbsuck.gif (09/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page