In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb? *~*'~* March Dating Thread *~*'~* - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2010, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
momanderson...ugh to your crazy X. What a moron! It's a good thing Paramedic guy is some self-assured. That sort of behaviour from an ex might scare away a potential partner.

To be honest, I'm also worried about what my X is going to think when he finds out I'm seeing Saxman. STBX and I had MANY fights about Saxman in the past, even though I had cut ties with him very early on in my relationship with STBX. He kept accusing me of thinking about him, wishing I was with him, or just plain cheating on him with Saxman. Ugh. I imagine that the revelation will yield an EPIC freak out on his behalf.

Eaglevoice...that sounds like that *great* evening with The Panamanian. It's so awesome when someone you are dating gets along fabulously with your parents. Boo on the snoring though! That (and alcoholism) is what contributed to the demise of my marriage...heheh.

oh, and you're totally right about putting Saxman on a pedestal. I'm trying very hard to remember that we're both just people, who happen to be attracted to one another.

I'm having some issues though, with regards to dating/intimacy with a post-baby body. I wasn't a runway model before, but I did model and was an actor and a dancer. I was VERY into my looks and spent a lot of time caring for my body. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those mamas who escaped pregnancy unscathed: my stomach is riddled with stretchmarks and though it's somewhat almost flat, the skin is all...wrinkly. I have a bit more boobage than before but they're rather saggy and empty, since DD is slowly decreasing her nursing schedule. And overall, I'm flabbier than before, since I don't do ANY exercise because I have no time. Soooo, seeing as things are "progressing" with Saxman, I'm very self-conscious about this less than fantastic post baby body and I have trouble being relaxed...

Also, scheduling is an issue. I have almost NO time to myself and so even less time to hang out with Saxman. He's also ridiculously busy. The only time we'd really get together is on week-ends (evenings are out since he lives at the other end of the city, right next to the school he teaches at). I wonder if the lack of availability is going to be a problem...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2010, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dutchman in Open Marriage now realizes he may want to leave his wife and be with me. He wants a family. Interesting. He wants time to think about it, and then Friday he'll be here to see me. We'll talk.

User Tag List