Does EOW include Sunday night? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-01-2010, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's my question! I had assumed that the standard "Every Other Weekend" meant staying over with the NCP Friday and Saturday, and being back with the CP for Sunday night. Am I wrong on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-02-2010, 07:43 AM

I suppose it would depend on the court order, but I've never heard of EOW including Sunday night (I live in Ontario).

My kids see their dad EOW, and it's Friday night at six until Sunday night at six. That way they can get home, settled and ready for school the next day.

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#3 of 9 Old 04-02-2010, 10:22 AM

That's how it works for us. I do know some parents who live near each other who include Sunday night and the NCP drops the kids off at school on Monday morning. But as my ex lives over an hour away this wouldn't work out well for us.

Ruth, mum to B (9), P (8) and T (5)

#4 of 9 Old 04-02-2010, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I was just stopping by to say that it would depend on your ex's ability to get your kids to school Monday morning. But I know that your ex is trying for a CS reduction ... what does your lawyer say?

DD 2/08
#5 of 9 Old 04-03-2010, 11:53 AM

It can, though I think it's less common. My DH had a situation like that for EOW. It actually was much easier on the kids, as they would transition at school rather than directly transitioning from one parent to the other. They always found dropoffs easier when done at school instead of parent-to-parent. Have you tried it yet to see how it works for your kids?

They did this for the mid-week visitation as well -- he'd pick them up at school and return them to school the next day, so no unnecessary shuffling back and forth for the kids.

#6 of 9 Old 04-03-2010, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm thinking it's not typical, but something that people do if the situation calls for it. My ex picks them up from school on friday, and drops them off with me at 5 on Sunday night. I think friday morning to monday after school is too long to go without connecting with mama. If your ex is trying to establish extra residential time just to avoid child support, I would seriously try to avoid letting this go through- the visitation schedule should not be decided by someone's desire to reduce their child support payment.

Mama to: Asterbanana.gif ,          Augustblueman.gif,              Emmett:nut.gif,              Ruthie: kiss.gif

Step mom to Malakiesuperhero.gif, Cameron af.gif, and Aurelia partytime.gif
#7 of 9 Old 04-03-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet_ View Post
It can, though I think it's less common. My DH had a situation like that for EOW. It actually was much easier on the kids, as they would transition at school rather than directly transitioning from one parent to the other. They always found dropoffs easier when done at school instead of parent-to-parent. Have you tried it yet to see how it works for your kids?

They did this for the mid-week visitation as well -- he'd pick them up at school and return them to school the next day, so no unnecessary shuffling back and forth for the kids.
Hmmm, I can definitely see that as having some potential (transitioning with school, as opposed to with the parent); my seven year old finds it hard to leave her dad after an EOW, even though she's also desperate to come home.

I wonder if in the next few years (say age 10 to 12'ish) if this wouldn't work well for her... He could pick both kids up here Friday night, but drop them off at school on Monday morning.

It would also depend on the other parent's ability to pick up on time...
My ex works till at least 5:30 pm - so getting them from school Friday night wouldn't work for him.

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#8 of 9 Old 04-03-2010, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
does it specify in your custody arrangement? Mine specifically says by 7:30 PM on Sunday evening.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#9 of 9 Old 04-04-2010, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We include Sunday night in our EOW because it's easier on DS. He is only 2 and goes to bed at 7 so if he gets dropped off at 6 then he is so excited to see me and bedtime is really hard on him. My ex drops him off at daycare on Monday morning and I pick him up Mon evening. Seems to work here.

I guess you should go with what works for your family.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page