New to Single-ness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-06-2010, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's been a month tomorrow. Or two? Feb 7th, dh asked for a divorce. I told him I knew we were in trouble, but please let's stay together. I had started the "Love Dare" book and thought it would make a difference. The 8th, he said no, it would just be postponing the end. We told the kids. The 9th, he came home from work so upset. He said no, he wasn't leaving, our family would stay under one roof, and ideally we'd get our marriage back. One month latter, one of his best friend's called me to tell me my husband and his wife are having an affair and are "in love". I called dh at work (his don't bother me with problems place) and told him to come home or meet me somewhere. He asked why. I told him he'd been lying the whole time and was having an affair. He came home, I asked him so many questions, he had no answer for. He didn't sleep at home that night. Now I know he was at a hotel with her. He came home the next day to tell me he was moving out. He signed a lease with her that day. We have three kids: dd 16, ds, 14, and dd,8
So in one day, he signed a lease with his friend's wife and told his kids he was moving out with her. Did I mention he cleared out our joint bank account to start his new life? And that I have been primarily a sahm and homeschooling two of our kids? Did I mention she had been my friend? Did I mention for months she has been taking my 8yr old with her every friday night for a few hours as a "favor" to me? Did I mention he moved his things out on our 17th anniversary?
#2 of 4 Old 04-06-2010, 09:52 PM

I am so so sorry. How heartbreaking for you. I don't really have any advice. I hope that you have some support around you right now. It makes me so angry - so furious! - that people can do this to their loved ones. I don't understand at all

to you, I'm so sorry

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#3 of 4 Old 04-06-2010, 09:55 PM

I am so sorry that you and your children are going through this right now. I can't begin to imagine your pain.

I have no advice or sage wisdom to offer you, just my empathy.

People suck.

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#4 of 4 Old 04-06-2010, 10:13 PM

Wow. I am so sorry.

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page