does failure to pay cs = inability to provide for ds on visitation? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 05-11-2010, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MY APOLOGIES!!! I meant that MY child support is always paid and my ex is far from financially struggling. Yet he doesn't feed them unless they are with him for more than just an afternoon/evening visit of <4 or 5 hours.
#32 of 35 Old 05-11-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
oh, so sorry for not understanding! LOL but i think there IS an obligation to provide a meal. IME, most orders say that each parent must provide food during his/her parenting time, and if that parenting time falls between 6-8pm it should stand to reason that a meal is obligatory. what is wrong with some men that they dont think to feed their kids? and no matter what i try to do to eliminate the issue, it fails. i try to feed ds before he leaves, he's too hyped up to eat. i plan to have a re-heatable meal ready for when he comes home, he's too tired and cranky to eat so he just pitches a huge fit until he falls asleep on the couch. i'm ready to give up and just let him not eat LOL

Bring back the old MDC
#33 of 35 Old 05-14-2010, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

another dinner visit, another dinner not served. at least tonight i didnt offer extra time, so it was only the ordered two hours and ds came home early enough for me to feed him before he got worked up.

Bring back the old MDC
#34 of 35 Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does your x or his wife offer any suggestions for taking care of this problem? Do they acknowledge the problem? Does his wife not mind her kids not being fed?
#35 of 35 Old 05-15-2010, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

ex's wife loves the idea that i want to pack all his food for him bc it saves her the work of having to worry about feeding him (if you'll recall, she has 5 of her own plus on due soon, and exdh isnt super helpful when it comes to childcare). as far as her kids having or not having food...she's not what most here at mdc would consider a "good" or attentive mother. they eat breakfast and lunch at school and dinner is usually hamburger helper or cold cuts. if they are broke, her family feeds her kids. she doesnt worry about their health the way i consciously and conscientiously worry about my kids.

ex has no suggestions. i gently remind him thats its been an issue and he hangs up the phone. it will come down to court, i just know it. i weigh ds once a week and if her loses so much as one pound again, i will file.

Bring back the old MDC

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page