Is 50/50 possible with a 3 month old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope someone here can give me some perspective. I am a bit postpartum and I don't think I am thinking clearly. I posted this on the Dads section of this site first but was told I should repost over here at the single section.

I have agreed to let my bf have our 3 month old daughter a few days a week at his place. I did not want to do this but…he basically told me if I make him a “weekend dad” he will hate me and take me to court. However, in our state the single mother is given complete custody of the child. He knows this and has said as much . He says it is not fair that I should have our child most of the time. But we don’t live together so what does he expect?. When I say our child needs to bond with me..he says well she needs to bond with him too…He has asked me why he can’t have her live with him and I be the one to visit him.. He also tells me he will not accept not seeing her at least 50% of the time. He talked like this when I was pregnant and we were having our problems in the relationship. Most of the problems in our relationship center around the fact that I am a divorced mom of a 7yr old as well. My 7yr old’s dad picks his child up for visits etc.
What am I supposed to do?..this is his first child and I want to be supportive and fair but what is fair for a father when we are not married or living in the same house?

Thanks in advance for your help on this…
#2 of 3 Old 06-08-2010, 07:58 AM

Mama, gently, this is almost the exact same post you have further down the page. You'll probably get the same or similar answers.

Mama to one 2 yr. old tornado banana.gif
#3 of 3 Old 06-08-2010, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Lattemom, you are right..how did that post get on here?...I thought I posted the 1st one on the dad's area...I'll have to delete this thread.
Thanks for alerting me

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page