I Wanna Date :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I am really wanting to go out on a date with someone LOL
Where do you ladies suggest that I look? I am not into the whole online dating scene. I tried that...left a very bad taste in my mouth.
I am just looking forward to a date where I have a nice dinner and maybe a movie. with someone decent.

~Carla~ LOVING~ LIFE~
Homebirthing, somewhat crunchy, single mom of ~5~.
#2 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 12:16 AM

darn if i know. i would love to see what folks are suggesting though.

Former dreads.gifwearing, treehugger.gifing, pole dancing, read.gifpushing, ribbonpurple.gifsurvivor & single mama extraordinaire to energy.gif.  

Now that's a mouthful!!! computergeek2.gif & follow it!   

#3 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 03:27 AM

Hmm, I've generally done the online thing. okcupid is fantastic! Other people I've met were at a potluck for polyamorous people, and Rocky Horror picture show, so not really typical places... what about a meetup group for something you're interested in... or Parents Without Partners or something like that?

Mom to ds 10/12 and dd 2/05 ribbonrainbow.gif

Blogging about living with xeroderma pigmentosum at www.pacificnights.org/ and about life in general at http://livingavibrantlife.blogspot.com/
#4 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I did the OKcupid thing but kept it lowkey and mostly met for "friendly" coffees and such and not necessarily with people I wanted to date. It helped me get back in the groove and get to talk to people I didn't know without pressure.
#5 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 04:17 PM

I've been thinking about this too

Single Mom with a BF  stillheart.gif  Mommy to 2 girlsphotosmile2.gif blahblah.gif & 2 boys jog.gifsuperhero.gif nocirc.gif

wash.gif banghead.gif Using the Law of Attraction candle.gif om.gif Loving my Family  cat.gif 

#6 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 06:50 PM

okcupid never produced results for me. it is a bit different for black women i think with the online dating experience. i wish there were some sort of sign that you could post on the online profiles that states that you are willing to dating interracially. i think that a lot of guys of different nationalities don't message because they don't know what restrictions you have.

so, it may be a bit trickier for women of color. but i keep putting myself out there. i've done okcupid, which attracted a slew of gentlemen who seemed like they were fascinated by my "otherness." definitely not a turn-on. so i left that site.

i stayed on plentyoffish and just signed up with another due to media ads for it, so we shall see...

Former dreads.gifwearing, treehugger.gifing, pole dancing, read.gifpushing, ribbonpurple.gifsurvivor & single mama extraordinaire to energy.gif.  

Now that's a mouthful!!! computergeek2.gif & follow it!   

#7 of 12 Old 06-30-2010, 10:59 PM

well, i have a neighbour who is willing to sit at a coffee shop with me and tell me the folks she knows that are single, and interested in women, so that seems like a start to me....
also, a friend's bf is "setting me up" with a friend of his, so maybe chatting with friends?
I feel pretty weird about dating, as, before I was with my ex, I met people at festivals/parties and got together in that way. I've never really dated before, but now it seems more like an option, as I don't just want to bring people home to my daughter, without knowing quite a bit about them first...

good luck!!
#8 of 12 Old 07-01-2010, 11:51 AM

Do you have friends to go out with? I met my boyfriend by going out on NYE with a mutual friend of ours. I find that I've always met people when I'm not trying, just going out and doing fun things with friends.

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#9 of 12 Old 07-01-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot~Baker View Post

I've been thinking about this too
Me three.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#10 of 12 Old 07-02-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Mama Jama View Post
i wish there were some sort of sign that you could post on the online profiles that states that you are willing to dating interracially.
match.com has a section in your profile where you can list ethnicities you are interested in.
it's not a free site but for that reason i found people to be less flaky (or creepy) than on the free sites.
#11 of 12 Old 07-02-2010, 11:21 AM

I have my first date post divorce this weekend - met him at a local festival.. he asked for my number and I gave him the real one Its my first and I'm NERVOUS... I just dont have social skills beyond talking about my children
#12 of 12 Old 07-02-2010, 03:29 PM

^just wanted to say good luck! I am so excited for you and don't worry I am sure if you have things in common you will have a lot to talk about. I know what you mean though, I love talking about my kids and I think that is a great way to start conversation. Just relax and be yourself! Let us know how it goes!!

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page